What Discounts Does Esurance Offer for Car Insurance?
Last Updated on August 4, 2020
Esurance is a popular online car insurance provider that has become very successful in the past decade or so. Their online model makes getting insurance more accessible to people with busy lifestyles. Esurance offers a wide range of discounts on their car insurance policies. Many of these are standard, but some of them are unique to Esurance. When shopping for car insurance, it’s always important to ask about discount options to make sure you are getting the most affordable policy possible. In this article, we’ll talk about Esurance’s policy offerings and the discounts you can get on them.
What Type of Car Insurance Does Esurance Offer?
Esurance offers a few different types of car insurance to suit your personal driving needs. You’ll find standard coverage options, such as collision coverage and comprehensive coverage, which protects your car from other damages. You can also purchase medical payments coverage and personal injury protection coverage, which essentially pays your medical bills should you get in an accident. They also offer liability coverage, which pays for the other driver’s damages if you are found at fault in an accident. In addition to these types of policies, which are all very standard, you can add on things like roadside assistance coverage, rental car coverage, and loan/lease gap coverage.
What Esurance Discounts Are Available?
Esurance has a wide range of discounts available for its members. It’s important to note that not all of these discounts are available in every state. Some of the many Esurance discounts include:
- Multi-policy discount: This is also known as a bundle discount. If you use Esurance for multiple types of insurance, like home or life insurance, you will get a discount on all of your policies.
- Quote discount: Esurance calls this their ‘Fast 5’ discount. When you get a quote through their website, you get a 5 percent Esurance discount if you continue to purchase a policy from the quote.
- Multi-car discount: If you insure more than one car with Esurance, they’ll give you a discount.
- Paid in full discount: Esurance rewards you for paying your entire premium upfront instead of in monthly installments. It can save you as much as 10 percent on your insurance.
- Homeowners discount: In some states, you can get a discount for owning a home, or being married to someone who owns a home.
- Renters discount: If you purchase renters’ insurance for your apartment or home, you can get a big discount on your car insurance too.
- Claim-free discount: If you go without making an insurance claim for five years, you could save as much as 25 percent on your insurance. It’s important to note that you cannot have any DUI/DWIs, and you must have over five years of driving experience.
- Emergency roadside assistance discount: If you already have a roadside assistance service, you can get a 5 percent discount on your auto insurance.
- Good driver discount: If you have at least three years of driving experience and have one or no points on your driver’s license, you qualify for this huge Esurance discount, which can be as high as 40 percent off your premium.
- Good student discount: If you are a full-time student in college or high school and have a GPA above a 3.0, you can save up to 10 percent on your premiums. Discounts vary depending on the state.
- Defensive driver discount: This varies widely from state to state, but you can get a discount for taking an approved class about defensive driving. This is usually available for people who are 50 years or older, but in some states, it is available for younger people as well.
- DriveSense discount: DriveSense is an app by Esurance that tracks your driving habits. You keep it in the car with you, and it logs your driving patterns and behaviors. Esurance uses this information to provide better service to its customers, and you can use the information to improve your driving as well. For new customers, you can save up to $100 on your premium with DriveSense.
- Safe car discount: Esurance offers discounts for cars with safe airbags and seatbelts. The discount varies but is dependent on the type of car you have and the unique safety features it offers.
- Antilock brakes discount: If your car has antilock brakes, you may be able to get a 5 percent Esurance discount.
- Anti-theft device discount: If your car has an anti-theft device installed, you can save money on your comprehensive coverage. It depends on the type of device you have, but the discount can be as much as 25 percent in some cases.
How Do Esurance Discounts Compare to Those of Other Insurers?
How do the discounts offered by Esurance compare to those offered by other auto insurance companies? Click on the links below to see how Esurance stacks up against other insurance companies.
- Esurance vs. Allstate
- Esurance vs. GEICO
- Esurance vs. Farmers
- Esurance vs. Liberty Mutual
- Esurance vs. Progressive
- Esurance vs. State Farm
- Esurance vs. USAA
Why Does Esurance Offer Discounts?
Insurers want to do as much as they can to bring in new customers, and low rates are always attractive. However, they also need to make sure that they are financially stable to cover their claims responsibilities. They do this by charging people who they consider to be ‘high-risk’ higher premiums, and offering discounts to drivers that they consider to be less of a risk. For example, those who have a history of good driving are less likely to get into accidents, so it makes sense for Esurance and other insurance companies to reward them with a discount.
Esurance is a popular and reliable option for many different types of car insurance. When signing up, be sure to look for as many Esurance discounts as possible. If you are unsure of which discounts you qualify for, get in contact with an agent who can assist you.