Is GoAuto Insurance Legit?
Last Updated on May 8, 2023
GoAuto Insurance is a low-cost car insurance company based in Louisiana, offering policies in Louisiana, Nevada, Texas, and Ohio. If you live in one of these states and are looking for affordable insurance, you may be wondering if GoAuto Insurance is legit. Here’s what you need to know about this affordable car insurance company.
- GoAuto Insurance specializes in low-cost, basic policies, making them a potentially good option for those with restrictive driving records.
- Purchasing a policy from GoAuto Insurance can be challenging as their website lacks specific policy information. Still, you can quickly get a quote online and purchase a policy in person or online.
- GoAuto Insurance has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Still, their customer service may be lacking as they do not have a centralized customer service department and have received more complaints than expected.
- While GoAuto Insurance may be a good option for those on a tight budget, it may not offer enough coverage for those needing add-ons. It may still be more expensive than larger national insurance companies.
- Insurance Panda rates GoAuto 2.8/5
GoAuto has been in business for over ten years, making them a relatively new insurance provider. They specialize in low-cost insurance policies. They sell basic liability insurance, collision coverage, and comprehensive coverage. Avoiding other add-ons is what allows GoAuto to offer more affordable policies. This could be a potentially good option for those with restrictive driving records, as they may be able to offer cheaper rates than many of the more prominent companies.
GoAuto is unique because they offer the option to buy directly from the company online or over the phone. Still, they also have agents at their offices in Louisiana, Nevada, Texas, and Ohio. Unlike many companies that use an agent system, GoAuto’s agents don’t make a commission. Because of this, the company can keep costs relatively low, although they still may not be quite as low as larger national companies like GEICO and Progressive.
Purchasing a GoAuto Policy
One of the challenges of working with GoAuto for your car insurance is that they don’t offer much information on their website, making it very difficult to shop. There isn’t any information about the specific types of policies they offer, so you’ll need to talk to an agent to learn more about the exact type of coverage included in your policy. However, you can get a quote online very quickly. Your rates will vary depending on factors like your car, your driving record, and your location. Those with the cleanest driving records will get the best rates on their car insurance. Since you can get a quote in just a few minutes on their website, it makes it easy to compare auto insurance policies and decide what makes the most sense. You can purchase a policy online or by going into one of GoAuto’s offices and speaking to an agent. They have over 40 offices in Louisiana, nine in Nevada, and six in Ohio.
Is GoAuto Insurance Trustworthy?
GoAuto Insurance has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. However, they do not currently hold an accreditation. Since they are a small local insurer, it is difficult to measure their complaint ratio. Unfortunately, according to the Louisiana Department of Insurance, GoAuto has a high complaint index. This means they have more complaints relative to a company of its size.
Most online complaints talk about the lack of a strong customer service team. GoAuto does not have one dedicated customer service phone line but expects customers to file claims online and contact their local agents for help. This makes it challenging to have a live conversation with a representative when you need to.
Filing Claims and Customer Service
GoAuto allows you to file a claim in one of three ways.
- You can submit or review an existing claim using their free app.
- You can complete a claim form on their website with your contact information, incident report, and vehicle details.
- You can call their customer service team at 833-700-0000 to file your claim.
After you file your claim, you will be assigned an adjuster who will contact you within two business days and investigate your claim. They will also inspect your vehicle, determine the coverage and liability, and issue a payment or denial based on their findings.
You can check the status of your claim online or through the GoAuto app at any time.
You can also make GoAuto car insurance payments online, which is much more convenient than paying over the phone or by check.
As we previously mentioned, they don’t have a customer service hotline – if you have any questions, you need to contact your local agent. This can make it very challenging to solve any problems you might have.
Advantages of GoAuto Insurance
Using GoAuto Insurance to protect yourself and your car has some advantages. These include:
- You can count on a low-cost insurance policy when you work with GoAuto. Since they keep their policies simple, they can offer lower rates than other providers. This means it could be a good option for those who don’t have a strong driving record and may struggle to find an affordable car insurance policy.
- Getting a quote is easy. You can get a quote from the website or mobile app.
- Those who like to develop a more personal relationship with their car insurance agent will appreciate that they have local offices. If you need to file a claim or adjust your policy, you can sit down and talk it through with your agent and get your questions answered.
- Many people appreciate the convenience of filing a claim and making payments online. This is a handy feature when you are on the go or have a busy schedule.
Disadvantages of GoAuto Insurance
Unfortunately, there are some disadvantages to using GoAuto Insurance for your car. Here are the disadvantages that are most important to be aware of.
- GoAuto Insurance is only available in a few states. If you don’t live in Louisiana, Nevada, Texas, or Ohio, you won’t be able to get a policy. Even if you live there, it might not be the best option if you plan on moving or traveling out of state frequently.
- The policies at GoAuto only offer the bare bones of car insurance protection. If you need any add-ons, you won’t be able to get them with GoAuto. While this can work if you’re on a very tight budget, you may find yourself without the car insurance coverage you need if you’re in a severe accident.
- GoAuto doesn’t have a centralized customer service department, so filing a claim or asking questions can be difficult. Going to your agent to get your questions answered can be very inconvenient.
- Although GoAuto Insurance is affordable, it may still be more expensive than nationwide discount car insurance brands.
- GoAuto has more complaints than expected relative to its size.
Frequently Asked Questions
Company address: APAC P.O. Box 83827 Baton Rouge, LA 70884
Phone number: 833-700-0000
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:30pm, and Saturday 10::00am – 2:00pm