Is SmartFinancial Insurance Legit?
Last Updated on May 30, 2023
SmartFinancial is an auto insurance company based in Newport Beach, California.
You can use SmartFinancial to connect with auto insurance companies across the country. SmartFinancial is a digital insurance marketplace that uses proprietary technology to connect customers with the right insurance company.
- SmartFinancial is a legitimate auto insurance comparison platform based in California that partners with over 200 insurance companies across the United States. It serves as a digital marketplace to connect customers with the right insurance company for their needs.
- SmartFinancial’s unique approach allows customers to shop for auto insurance by answering questions and using the platform’s proprietary system to identify the best policy options. The service is free to customers, with SmartFinancial potentially receiving compensation from its insurance partners.
- SmartFinancial offers a wide range of insurance products, including auto, home, life, health, Medicare, commercial, motorcycle, and renters insurance. Customers can access various coverage options, including liability coverage, collision and comprehensive coverage, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, and other required and optional coverages.
- Reviews of SmartFinancial are mixed but generally positive. While some customers have reported difficulties with the comparison tool or being contacted by unwanted solicitors, others have expressed satisfaction with the customer service, response times, and the platform’s ability to connect them with affordable insurance policies.
- Insurance Panda rates SmartFinancial 4.2/5
- What Is SmartFinancial?
- How Does SmartFinancial Work for Car Insurance?
- SmartFinancial Auto Insurance Coverage Options
- SmartFinancial Insurance Features
- SmartFinancial Insurance Discounts
- SmartFinancial Insurance Reviews
- Frequently Asked Questions About SmartFinancial
- Our Rating of SmartFinancial
- Contact SmartFinancial
What Is SmartFinancial?
SmartFinancial is an auto insurance comparison website found at SmartFinancial.com.
You can use SmartFinancial to shop for auto, home, life, and health insurance. The platform also offers Medicare coverage, commercial insurance, motorcycle insurance, and renters insurance, among other insurance products.
SmartFinancial doesn’t directly provide insurance to customers; instead, the company partners with insurance companies across the United States to provide insurance to customers. Some of SmartFinancial’s partners include Progressive, Allstate, Nationwide, Liberty Mutual, 21st Century Insurance, and Hippo.
How Does SmartFinancial Work for Car Insurance?
SmartFinancial works differently for car insurance compared to other car insurance platforms. The company doesn’t directly sell car insurance to clients; you shop for car insurance through the website. SmartFinancial uses a proprietary system to identify the best car insurance policy for your unique needs.
Here’s how you get started with SmartFinancial:
Step 1) Answer questions. First, SmartFinancial asks some questions about yourself and the insurance coverage you want.
Step 2) Compare rates. SmartFinancial uses a proprietary system to sort through 200+ insurance partners across the United States to find the best rates available in your area. SmartFinancial also checks for discounts, using your personal information to check for any available reductions in premiums.
Step 3) Find coverage and sign up at no added cost. Finally, you review offers and find the coverage that’s right for you. SmartFinancial provides all of these services 100% free, and there’s no added cost to using the service. Instead, SmartFinancial may receive compensation from its insurance partners.
Overall, the goal of SmartFinancial is to help anyone compare insurance quotes in minutes online, making it easy to find the best insurance policies for your unique needs.
SmartFinancial Auto Insurance Coverage Options
SmartFinancial offers a range of insurance products, including auto, home, life, and health insurance. When shopping for auto insurance through SmartFinancial, you can access all of the basic and extended coverage you would get with other providers.
Coverage options available through SmartFinancial include:
- Liability insurance, including property damage and bodily injury liability coverage
- Collision and comprehensive coverage
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection and medical payments coverage
- Other required and optional coverages
Coverage options vary from state to state. For example, if you live in a no-fault state, you may be required to buy personal injury protection insurance.
To make auto insurance comparison easy, SmartFinancial separates auto insurance quotes into four categories: Minimum, Basic, Standard, and Superior. The higher the category, the more coverage you get:
Minimum: State minimum auto insurance coverage, allowing you to legally drive on public roads with the lowest possible amount of auto insurance coverage.
Basic: $50,000 / $100,000 / $50,000 of coverage for basic protection.
Standard: $100,000 / $300,000 / $100,000 coverage for standard protection.
Superior: $250,000 / $500,000 / $250,000 coverage for extended protection.
Each number refers to the amount of coverage you have. With the Basic plan, for example, you get $50,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per person, $100,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per accident, and $50,000 of property damage coverage.
SmartFinancial Insurance Features
SmartFinancial has several features that make it unique from other auto insurance platforms available today.
Here are some of the features that differentiate SmartFinancial from competitors:
Minimum, Basic, Standard, & Superior Coverage Options: SmartFinancial makes it easy to compare car insurance at different levels. You can choose from Minimum (1-star) coverage to Superior (4-star) coverage based on your desired level of protection. Each coverage level corresponds to a different amount of liability coverage. At a glance, you can see if it’s worth upgrading from a Basic plan to a Standard or Superior plan, for example, for added protection.
100% Free: Like most car insurance comparison websites, SmartFinancial is 100% free for you to use. The company may receive compensation from partner insurance companies. However, you pay nothing to use the service.
Takes Only Minutes: Just answer a few basic questions about SmartFinancial online, then receive a response within minutes, including specific quotes from insurers serving your area. Within minutes, you can see if you can save hundreds per year on car insurance.
200+ Insurance Company Partners: SmartFinancial isn’t an insurance company; it’s an insurance comparison platform. However, the company partners with small and large insurers across the country to provide great rates to customers. You can compare rates from 200+ insurers, including well-known names like American Family Insurance, Dairyland, MetLife, and National General, and affordable, lesser-known regional providers.
No Need to Enter Driver’s License or Current Policy Information to Receive a Quote: Other insurance comparison websites, including Policygenius, require you to enter your driver’s license number and current policy information to receive specific quotes for your area. With SmartFinancial, you can receive quotes immediately by entering your name, address, and vehicle information.
SmartFinancial Insurance Discounts
SmartFinancial partners with insurance companies across the United States. Your SmartFinancial insurance discounts include any discounts you receive from your insurer.
Available discounts from SmartFinancial include:
- Bundling discounts
- Multi-policy or multi-vehicle discounts
- Safe driving discounts
- Good student discounts
- Low mileage discounts
- Safety feature discounts
After you select an insurer through SmartFinancial, you can browse a list of available discounts. SmartFinancial automatically includes discounts in its estimated prices, making it easy to see how much you could pay with each provider.
SmartFinancial Insurance Reviews
SmartFinancial is a legitimate insurance comparison business headquartered in California. The company has hundreds of reviews online from policyholders. Most reviews are positive, although some customers have had a negative experience with SmartFinancial’s comparison tool:
- SmartFinancial has an average rating of 2 stars out of 5 on Yelp with 30+ customer reviews, with most reviewers leaving a review of 1 star. Some negative reviews come from insurance agents complaining about difficulties dealing with the company and selling unqualified leads to insurance agents that rarely work out. Other customers complain about being “shuffled around” with multiple agents when trying to get an auto insurance quote.
- SmartFinancial has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau website with 170+ reviews and an average rating of 4.45 stars out of 5. That’s one of the best BBB ratings we’ve seen in the insurance industry. Most reviewers don’t bother to leave reviews of their insurers unless they’ve had a negative experience, so a rating of 4.45 stars out of 5 is considered very good.
- Generally, BBB reviewers express satisfaction with SmartFinancial’s customer service, response times, and overall ease of use.
- Although some customers complain about receiving spam calls after entering their information into SmartFinancial’s website, most find the site worked as advertised to connect them with affordable insurance policies in their area.
Frequently Asked Questions About SmartFinancial
To learn more about SmartFinancial or to request a quote today, visit the official website or contact them below.