Does Dairyland Have Cheap Car Insurance?
Last Updated on May 4, 2023
Dairyland is an insurance company based in Wisconsin and serving 42 states nationwide. They offer auto and motorcycle insurance and pride themselves on offering great car insurance with Midwestern values. Dairyland is a subsidiary of Sentry Insurance, a Wisconsin-based company offering commercial insurance. If you’re considering Dairyland for your car insurance, you might wonder how their insurance prices compare to other companies. Here’s what you need to know about Dairyland car insurance and the value it offers for customers.
- Dairyland tends to be slightly more expensive than other auto insurers, but they offer discounts that customers can use to lower their rates.
- Dairyland is a financially stable company with an A+ rating from both AM Best and the Better Business Bureau.
- Dairyland receives positive reviews for its customer service and offers many different resources for customers to access policy information.
- Dairyland offers unique coverage options like SR-22 coverage, non-owner insurance, and reliable motorcycle insurance. They provide a good range of discounts on their car insurance policies, which are easy to obtain.
- Insurance Panda rates Dairyland 3.3/5
Dairyland Auto Insurance Rates
Compared to other auto insurers, Dairyland tends to be slightly more expensive. If you are looking for bare-bones car insurance at extremely low prices, you aren’t likely to find it here. However, you can still get very reasonable rates with Dairyland, particularly if you have a good driving record – they’re unlikely to be the cheapest on the market. Dairyland also offers a good selection of discounts that you can use to lower your rates, which is rare for a smaller car insurance company. Additionally, Dairyland offers products for high-risk drivers who may struggle to obtain car insurance coverage.
Dairyland’s Financial Stability
One of the benefits of using Dairyland for your car insurance is that they are incredibly financially stable. Dairyland is a subsidiary of Sentry Insurance, which has received an A+ rating from AM Best. AM Best is a firm that rates the financial stability of insurance companies. An A+ rating indicates that Dairyland can pay insurance claims regardless of the current economic climate. Sentry Insurance also has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, which indicates trustworthy and reliable business practices.
Dairyland Customer Satisfaction
Based on customer reviews, Dairyland’s claims process is reportedly satisfactory. However, Dairyland receives negative reviews for its customer service. They have relatively high complaint ratings from multiple rating agencies.
Dairyland’s National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) rating of 2.52 indicates more complaints than the average car insurance provider in the same category. An NAIC rating measures an insurance company’s complaint ratio relative to size. Dairyland scores poorly.
Dairyland’s Customer Service
Customers can call Dairyland’s 24/7 insurance line to make a claim, which offers bilingual services. Dairyland also has an app and an online policy information service that customers can use to review policy documents and make payments. One common complaint is that customers cannot file claims online – this option is only available over the phone.
Types of Dairyland Auto Insurance Policies
Dairyland offers standard car insurance coverage beyond basic liability coverage options. They also offer comprehensive and collision coverage, uninsured motorist coverage, and personal injury protection coverage. They also have a few unique coverage options that you are unlikely to find with other car insurance companies. These include:
- SR-22 coverage. This type of coverage is intended for those who are considered high-risk drivers. An SR-22 is a legal certificate showing that you carry car insurance. Many car insurance companies won’t insure people who require SR-22s, but Dairyland does. You may legally require an SR-22 if you have had a DUI or DWI, been involved in a serious at-fault accident, or have been caught driving without a license or with a suspended license. In some rare cases, you may also need an SR-22 if you’ve been involved in several small accidents. Dairyland is a very reliable company for those who need SR-22 coverage. In addition to providing you with the coverage you need, they will inform the state that you are carrying the legally required minimum.
- Non-owner insurance. This coverage is an excellent option for those who don’t own their own vehicle but occasionally borrow a friend’s or family member’s car. If you get in an accident while driving a car that isn’t yours, it can be incredibly costly and make it difficult to get insurance in the future. Non-owner insurance will protect you in this situation. It can also be used with SR-22 coverage.
- Motorcycle insurance. If you have your own motorcycle, it’s important to have insurance to protect you in the event of an accident. Dairyland offers reliable motorcycle insurance you can easily pair with your car insurance.
Dairyland Auto Insurance Discounts
One of the best things about Dairyland is that they offer a good range of discounts on their car insurance policies. Many of their discounts are also very easy to obtain, so you can save money for doing things you would have already done. Even if your initial quote is relatively high, these discounts can help you save money and lower your policy to a more reasonable cost.
Here are some of the discounts that Dairyland offers on its insurance policies:
- Advance quote discount: You’ll qualify for this discount if you get a quote at least a week before obtaining your insurance policy.
- Payment frequency: This discount helps you save money by making payments at least once a year. You must pay more than the minimum to qualify.
- Multi-car discount: If you insure more than one car with Dairyland, you’ll save money on each car’s insurance.
- Transfer discount: If you switch to Dairyland after being with another carrier for over six months, you can earn a discount.
- Defensive driver discount: If you’ve taken an approved defensive driving course, you can earn a discount on your insurance. Dairyland and many other insurance companies love to reward safe drivers.
- Homeowner discount: If you own a home and have it properly insured, you can get a discount – homeowners are statistically less likely to file claims, so insurers offer discounts.
- Anti-theft discount: You can earn a discount if you have an anti-theft device in your car.
Frequently Asked Questions
Final Word on Dairyland Insurance
While Dairyland isn’t the cheapest insurer on the market, they provide reliable coverage. They are also a particularly great option for those that need SR-22 coverage. To see how much Dairyland will cost you, please get in touch with your local Dairyland Insurance agent.
|Dairyland Insurance Contact Information|
|Address||PO Box 8021
Stevens Point, Wisconsin, 54481
|Customer Service Phone Number||800-334-0090|
|Get a Quote Phone Number||844-242-4468|