How Do You Contact USAA Customer Service?
Last Updated on November 14, 2023
As one of America’s best-rated insurance companies, USAA has scored top marks for customer service, claims handling, and overall satisfaction.
Founded in 1922, USAA has over a century of experience providing home insurance, auto insurance, and other insurance products to customers across the country. The company was originally founded by a group of 25 US Army officers who wanted to dispel the idea that military officers were a high-risk group to insure.
Today, USAA is one of the largest auto insurance companies in the United States and one of the largest corporations in the country overall (placing 96th on the Fortune 500 list in 2020). The company continues to offer insurance products exclusively to military personnel and qualifying family members.
You can contact USAA via the following:
- Customer Service: 210-531-USAA (8722) or 800-531-8722
- Shortcut Mobile Number: #USAA (8722)
- Mailing Address: USAA 9800 Fredericksburg Rd, San Antonio, TX 78288
- Roadside Assistance: 800-531-8555 or by online form
- Fax Number: 800-531-8877
Does USAA Have 24/7 Customer Service?
USAA, like most large insurers, offers 24/7 customer service. You can contact USAA’s general customer service line 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You can call this phone number for help obtaining quotes, modifying existing policies, cancellations, filing claims, and roadside assistance.
You can also contact USAA’s roadside assistance 24/7 from anywhere in the United States or Canada.
Or, you can make a claim or request a quote online through USAA.com 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
However, USAA does not have 24/7 customer service for auto insurance. The company offers auto insurance customer service on Monday to Friday from 6am to 10pm CT, for example, and on Saturday from 8am to 8pm CT. They’re closed on Sundays and all major holidays.
What Are USAA’s Customer Service Hours?
USAA’s customer service hours are 24/7 for general inquiries and general customer service. However, the company’s auto insurance customer service is not available 24/7.
USAA’s customer service hours include:
- 24/7 roadside assistance at 800-531-8555 or by online form
- 24/7 general customer service at 210-531-USAA (8722) or 800-531-8722
- Monday to Friday, 6am to 10pm CT; Saturday, 8am to 8pm CT; closed Sunday for auto insurance customer service
- Monday to Friday, 7am to 630pm local time for claims-related customer service
- 24/7 quote requests via USAA.com
How Do You Contact USAA?
You can contact USAA by phone, mail, or online form:
- For general customer service, call 210-531-USAA (8722) or 800-531-USAA (8722); or, type #USAA (8722) into your phone (works with most carriers)
- To mail USAA, use 9800 Fredericksburg Rd, San Antonio, TX 78288
- For auto insurance customer service, call 210-531-8722
- For claims handling, use the online claims center
- To fax USAA, use 800-531-8669
- For roadside assistance, call 800-531-8555 or use the roadside assistance online form
Does USAA’s Customer Service Have Good Reviews?
USAA is one of America’s best-rated auto insurance company, and the company has scored top marks from J.D. Power and other major names in the industry for its strong customer service and claims handling.
In J.D. Power’s 2023 auto insurance survey, USAA scored above all competitors in every subregion, scoring more points on the 1,000-point scale than any other insurer. However, because USAA restricts its membership, the company cannot officially place first overall in any subregion.
Nevertheless, USAA scored higher than all competitors in every J.D. Power state and subregion, including California, Central, Mid-Atlantic, New England, New York, North Central, Northwest, Southeast, Southwest, and Texas. In many states or subregions, USAA was 20 points higher than any of its competitors.
To create its rankings, J.D. Power surveys policyholders who have recently made a claim, asking them about their experience and overall satisfaction. For multiple years in a row, USAA has scored top marks across all subregions.
Like many insurers, however, J.D. Power has mixed reviews on other review websites, as most policyholders don’t leave reviews for their insurer until they’ve had a bad experience – like a poorly handled claim. On the Better Business Bureau website, USAA has an average rating of 1.15 stars out of 5 from 1,460+ customer reviews. ConsumerAffairs, meanwhile, has a 3.3-star rating out of 5 with 2,100+ reviews.
Industry review websites generally have good things to say about USAA’s customer service. The company scored 9.2 out of 10 on MarketWatch, for example, and 4.5 out of 5 on NerdWallet.
Overall, USAA’s customer service is among the best in the auto insurance industry, and most customers are satisfied with the company’s pricing, claims handling, and overall customer service.
How Do You File a Claim?
You can file a claim through USAA via the online claims center.
The online claims center makes it easy to report a claim or check the status of an existing claim.
If you need to fax claim-related information to USAA, you can use the company’s fax number at 800-531-8669.
How Do You Get Roadside Assistance?
USAA offers 24/7 roadside assistance throughout the United States and Canada. If you have added USAA’s roadside assistance to your policy, then you can call or request roadside assistance online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Call 800-531-8555 to request roadside assistance by phone 24/7
- Use the online form at https://www.usaa.com/inet/wc/insurance-claims-roadside-assistance to request roadside assistance online 24/7
According to USAA.com, it’s generally faster to request roadside assistance online.
How Do You Get a Quote?
You can get a quote from USAA.com. Enter your ZIP code and basic information about your request to view pricing offers in your area.