Is Savvy Auto Insurance Legit?
Last Updated on August 17, 2023
Savvy is an insurance comparison website designed to help you get the best coverage at the lowest price from trusted providers in your area.
Found online at Savvy.insure, Savvy is a licensed agency in 50 states and offers home and auto insurance.
Is Savvy legit? Should you buy auto insurance from Savvy? Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about Savvy today in our review.
- Savvy is a platform that allows customers to compare and buy home and auto insurance from different providers in one place.
- Savvy claims to help customers save an average of $1,500 annually by finding the best coverage at the lowest price from trusted insurers.
- Savvy is free to use, licensed in all 50 states, and has a team of US-licensed agents to assist customers via text, email, or phone.
- Savvy has received positive reviews from customers and industry media for its ease of use, customer service, and convenience.
What Is Savvy Insurance?
Savvy is a home and auto insurance comparison platform found at Savvy.insure.
According to the official website, people save an average of $1,500 per year with Savvy.
Savvy works similar to other insurance comparison websites. You provide your current insurance information, then Savvy shops with leading insurers to find a better deal. If you decide to make the switch, then Savvy helps you switch insurers at no cost.
Savvy is licensed in all 50 states, and the Savvy team consists of US-licensed agents. Savvy also works with some of America’s largest and best-known insurers, including Allstate, Progressive, Liberty Mutual, Travelers, and Farmers, among others.
How Does Savvy Work for Car Insurance?
Savvy works similar for car and home insurance. You enter your current insurance information, then view offers from insurers in your area.
Here’s how it works:
Step 1) Visit Savvy.insure and connect your existing insurance or answer a few questions. If you already have auto insurance, then you can connect your policy to Savvy to input your information. Or, if you don’t have a policy or don’t want to connect your policy, you can answer a few questions instead.
Step 2) Savvy instantly shops dozens of insurance companies to find the best deal.
Step 3) Select an offer you like to learn more. Then, if you want to make the switch, you can purchase the policy entirely via Savvy at no extra cost. Or, you can connect with a licensed Savvy agent via text message, email, or phone to setup your new policy.
Ultimately, the goal of Savvy is to help you save money, save time, and save sanity. Instead of comparing quotes from dozens of providers and completing individual forms, you can complete a single form online, choose from the best insurers in the area, and make the switch for free.
Savvy Auto Insurance Coverage Options
Savvy is not an insurance carrier, and the company does not directly provide insurance coverage.
Instead, Savvy works with some of the country’s top insurers. You complete Savvy’s online form, choose an offer you like, and make the switch. The affiliated auto insurance company – like Allstate, Progressive, Liberty Mutual, and others – then provides you with the car insurance you need.
Once you connect with an affiliated insurer through Savvy, you can enjoy all of the same coverages you would normally get, including:
- Liability coverage
- Collision coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Medical payments (MedPay) and personal injury protection (PIP) coverage
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
- Other optional and mandatory coverages for your state and area
Savvy Auto Insurance Features
Savvy has several features that distinguish it from other auto insurance comparison platforms, including:
Independent Agency: Savvy is an independent agency. As an independent agency, Savvy works with multiple insurers. They’re not affiliated with a single insurer; they’re affiliated with multiple insurers.
100% Free to Use: Savvy is 100% free to use, and there are no hidden fees or surprise add-ons. You can search with Savvy, talk to a licensed agent via Savvy, and buy auto insurance without paying Savvy at all.
Licensed in All 50+ States and Washington, DC: Savvy is a licensed insurance agent in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Communicate with Licensed Agents to Help Setup your New Policy: You can buy a new policy through Savvy entirely online, making the switch to your new provider to save money. Or, you can talk to a licensed Savvy agent to help walk you through the process. Savvy agents are available via text message, email, or phone to walk you through the comparison and purchase process from start to finish – all at no extra charge.
Makes Money Via Insurance Partnerships: How does Savvy make money if it doesn’t charge a fee? Savvy works in a similar way to other insurance comparison websites, with insurers partnering with Savvy to promote and sell products.
Compare Quotes with No Obligations: You can compare quotes through Savvy with no obligations. If you want to confirm you’re currently paying a cheap price for car insurance, for example, then you can do so with Savvy’s online form. There’s no obligation to purchase through Savvy.
Searches Do Not Impact Your Credit Score: Getting an insurance quote and other offers through Savvy does not affect your credit score. If you complete an application with a specific insurer, then the insurer could perform a soft credit check. However, this check will not impact your credit score.
Savvy Auto Insurance Discounts
Savvy is not an auto insurance company; they’re an auto insurance comparison platform. The company does not directly provide discounts, although they may partner with insurers that do provide discounts.
Discounts commonly available via Savvy-affiliated insurers include:
- Bundling discounts for home and auto insurance
- Safe driving discounts
- Low mileage discounts
- Student discounts
- Defensive driving course discounts
- Vehicle safety and anti-theft feature discounts
When comparing quotes with Savvy, you can view these discounts upfront. If one company offers a student discount and another does not, for example, then you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
Savvy Auto Insurance Third-Party Reviews
Savvy has made a name for itself in the auto insurance space, and the company tends to have strong reviews online from drivers and industry media alike. We’ll review some of the reviews and scores for Savvy below.
- Savvy tends to work with some of America’s largest and best-known insurance companies, including well-known providers like Allstate, Progressive, Liberty Mutual, Travelers, and Farmers. The company is also trusted by Rocket Money, Acorns, and Brigit, among other major names in finance. Overall, Savvy has established strong partnerships with respected insurance and financial industry companies, including companies with top ratings, strong J.D. Power scores, and longstanding reputation.
- Many customers report saving hundreds of dollars per year with Savvy, with some cutting car insurance premiums in half thanks to the website. According to Savvy, the average home and auto insurance customer saves $1,500 per year with Savvy. Based on reviews online, many customers appear to have genuinely saved a lot of money working with Savvy.
- Insurify has a 4.8 star out of 5 score for Savvy based on 3,800+ reviews.
- Savvy has a 4.9 star out of 5 rating on Trustpilot with 220+ reviews. 98% of all reviewers have given the company a perfect 5-star rating. Customers praise the company for offering a good experience with specific agents – including US-licensed agents that walked them through the insurance purchasing process. Customers generally have a good experience with Savvy’s UI, overall ease of use, and customer experience.
- Many customers use Savvy via Rocket Mortgage, going through their Rocket Mortgage app to lower insurance premiums. If you already use the Rocket Mortgage app and are curious about using Savvy to lower premiums, then you’re certainly not alone, and many others have saved significant amounts with Savvy.
Overall, Savvy has strong ratings online from customers impressed with the company’s ease of use, customer service, pricing, and overall convenience.
If you want to compare multiple insurance providers and buy insurance in a single place, then Savvy can help. Instead of simply directing you to insurers, Savvy walks you through the entire insurance purchasing process at no extra cost.
To learn more about Savvy and how it works or to compare auto insurance with Savvy today, visit the official website.