Is North Carolina Farm Bureau Good for Auto Insurance?
Last Updated on December 29, 2020
North Carolina Farm Bureau is a car insurance company based in Raleigh.
The company offers car insurance throughout North Carolina. As a mutual insurance company, North Carolina Farm Bureau is owned and controlled by its policyholders. The full name of the company is the North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company.
Is North Carolina Farm Bureau a good insurance company? What makes North Carolina Farm Bureau unique? Should you buy a policy with NC Farm Bureau? Find out everything you need to know about the North Carolina Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company today in our review.
Table of Contents:
- About North Carolina Farm Bureau
- How North Carolina Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Works
- North Carolina Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Products & Services
- NCFB Reviews & Ratings: What Do Customers Have to Say?
- North Carolina Farm Bureau Pros and Cons
About North Carolina Farm Bureau
North Carolina Farm Bureau is a mutual insurance company based in Raleigh, North Carolina. The company is part of the Farm Bureau family of organizations located across the United States. Other companies under the Farm Bureau umbrella include Texas Farm Bureau, Virginia Farm Bureau, Indiana Farm Bureau, Missouri Farm Bureau, and Georgia Farm Bureau.
Like other mutual insurance companies, North Carolina Farm Bureau is owned by policyholders – not private shareholders. Policyholders own and control the company through an elected Board of Directors.
You can buy North Carolina Farm Bureau insurance policies through a network of policyholders across the Tar Heel state. The company serves policyholders in all 100 counties of North Carolina.
North Carolina Farm Bureau is more than just an insurance company. The organization advocates for farmers and rural families across the state. Founded in 1936, NCFB aims to provide a unified voice for the interests and needs of the farming community.
Today, North Carolina Farm Bureau is the largest general farm organization in North Carolina, covering more than 500,000 member families across the state.
|North Carolina Farm Bureau Insurance|
|Company Address||P.O. Box 27427
Raleigh, NC 27611
How North Carolina Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Works
North Carolina Farm Bureau offers a range of insurance products, including auto insurance, homeowners insurance, renters insurance, and other products.
Across all products, North Carolina Farm Bureau emphasizes better customer service, personalized insurance products, and local insurance agents. With offices in all 100 counties across the state, it’s easy to buy North Carolina Farm Bureau through an agent near you.
You can request a quote through a North Carolina Farm Bureau agent near you. Or, you can request a quote online.
When you buy North Carolina Farm Bureau auto insurance, you interact with a local agent near you. You’ll speak with this agent to adjust coverage. You contact the agent to make a claim. You will interact with North Carolina Farm Bureau through your local agent.
Although North Carolina Farm Bureau emphasizes a personal approach to car insurance, the company offers standard insurance compared to other providers, including:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: North Carolina requires drivers to have bodily injury liability coverage, which covers medical bills and similar expenses you cause to other people while driving.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Drivers in North Carolina are also required to have property damage liability coverage, which covers the cost of repairing someone else’s property that you damage – like a car or home.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage is optional in every state. It covers the cost of repairing or replacing your own vehicle after a collision.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage is also optional in North Carolina and every other state. It covers the cost of repairing damage outside of an accident, including hurricane damage or hailstorm damage.
- Uninsured / Underinsured Motorist Coverage: North Carolina has some of the highest rates of uninsured and underinsured drivers in the United States. The state does not require drivers to have uninsured or underinsured motorist insurance, although North Carolina Farm Bureau sells this coverage for added protection.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical payments coverage works similar to health insurance, covering medical bills and similar expenses after an accident.
- Roadside Assistance Coverage: You can buy roadside assistance coverage through North Carolina Farm Bureau. For a few extra dollars per month, you receive towing coverage, fuel delivery, and other coverage options.
North Carolina Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Products & Services
All insurance companies claim to protect your property against unexpected events. However, not all insurance companies live up to that promise.
What makes North Carolina Farm Bureau unique compared to other insurance providers? Here are some of the unique products and services available through North Carolina Farm Bureau.
- Personalized Insurance Products: Larger, nationwide insurance companies shoehorn customers into ill-fitting packages based on demographics and statistics. North Carolina Farm Bureau emphasizes a more personalized approach to car insurance, with rates personalized to your unique driver profile.
- Local Insurance Agents: North Carolina Farm Bureau has an insurance agent in every county in North Carolina. If you like the idea of working with a local agent, talking to an agent for all your insurance needs, and contacting a local agent for help with claims, then North Carolina Farm Bureau may be the right choice for you. Instead of interacting with a faceless company or a call center, you interact with a local North Carolina Farm Bureau agent.
- Affordable Car Insurance: North Carolina Farm Bureau is one of the best car insurance companies in North Carolina. The company is frequently ranked among the best companies for its competitive pricing, friendly customer service, and strong claims satisfaction. The company is among the cheapest car insurance providers in North Carolina, and North Carolina Farm Bureau tends to offer significantly lower rates than competing providers.
- Regional Expertise: When you work with a local insurance company, you get more than just friendly customer service. North Carolina Farm Bureau also emphasizes regional expertise. Your insurer knows the unique challenges faced by people in your county, including your risk of flooding, hurricane damage, and other issues. Nationwide insurance companies don’t have this expertise.
NCFB Reviews & Ratings: What Do Customers Have to Say?
North Carolina Farm Bureau is well-rated by policyholders and insurance review companies alike. The company is frequently among the best-rated insurers in North Carolina. Like any insurer, you can find complaints about claims and customer service, although North Carolina Farm Bureau is well-rated overall for its pricing, policy offerings, and claims servicing.
NC Farm Bureau has poor ratings with the Better Business Bureau, currently holding a D- rating. The company has 23 total complaints in the last 3 years, with 11 complaints in the last 12 months. Most complaints (18 out of 23 total) are related to problems with a product or service, which typically means issues with claims satisfaction.
A.M. Best has awarded NC Farm Bureau an A (Excellent) rating for its financial strength. A.M. Best analyzes a company’s assets and liabilities to determine its financial strength, assigning a rating to each company. A rating of A (Excellent) is considered good, although it’s not as strong as some of the company’s larger, nationwide competitors.
NC Farm Bureau has mixed ratings on independent review websites. On ConsumerAffairs, the company has an overall rating of 2.2 stars out of 5 with 312 ratings, for example. Other review websites have similarly poor ratings – although that’s not unusual for insurance companies, as many people only review their insurance company when they have a problem with a claim.
Insurance review organization Motor1 recently awarded NC Farm Bureau 4 stars out of 5, praising the company for its cheap car insurance prices, strong customer service, local agents, and overall positive reviews.
North Carolina Farm Bureau Pros and Cons
Some of the overall pros and cons of NC Farm Bureau auto insurance include:
- Local insurance agents based in all 100 counties across North Carolina
- Cheaper car insurance premiums than many competing providers
- Personalized claims process, shopping experience, and overall insurance system
- Customers are generally happy with the claims process and customer service
- Depending on your local NC Farm Bureau agent, you may not be able to make a claim 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Some complaints about claims satisfaction
Final Word on North Carolina Farm Bureau Car Insurance
Overall, North Carolina Farm Bureau is one of the best-rated insurance companies in North Carolina. The company insures thousands of drivers across the state, frequently charging lower premiums than its competitors.
Although there are some complaints about claims satisfaction and other issues, NC Farm Bureau continues to receive good ratings while maintaining lower prices and a lower complaint index than many of its competitors.
To learn more about NC Farm Bureau or find an agent near you, visit NCFB.org.