Is Arbella Good For Car Insurance?
Last Updated on April 23, 2023
Arbella is a regional insurance provider that offers auto and home insurance coverage to residents of New England.
If you’re looking for a full coverage car insurance policy, Arbella is an excellent option because it includes additional coverage types at no extra cost. While its rates are reasonable, it may not be the cheapest option in the New England area. Nevertheless, Arbella offers a wide range of discounts to help lower rates and make them more competitive.
The average Arbella auto insurance customer is more than happy with the company’s service, pricing, and coverage levels. Areblla provides coverage through a network model based on independent agents. The company’s rates, range of insurance protection, and customer service care have earned favor amongst those living throughout New England. Continue reading below to learn everything there is to know about Arbella.
- The average Arbella auto insurance customer is delighted with the company’s service, pricing, and coverage levels.
- Arbella provides various auto insurance discounts, such as anti-theft device installation, good grades, and multi-vehicle policies.
- Arbella extends insurance coverage to pets, covering vet fees up to $500 if injured in an auto accident.
- Arbella provides additional coverage perks, including the ability to group auto insurance with personal property, snowplow insurance, and OEM coverage. Customers can also benefit from the Disappearing Deductible Rewards Plus program, which rewards good driving behavior.
- Arbella's Background
- Arbella Insurance Coverage Options
- Arbella Car Insurance Options
- Arbella Auto Insurance Discounts
- Arbella Even Insures the Pets You Transport in Your Vehicle
- Additional Arbella Insurance Perks
- Arbella Financial Stability and Customer Satisfaction
- Is Arbella Worthy of Your Business?
- Our Rating of Arbella Insurance
- Arbella Insurance Contact Info
Founded more than 30 years ago by Frank Bellotti, Lee McClain, and John Donohue, Arbella Insurance Group is a regional casualty and property insurance provider. This company provides commercial and personal insurance coverage to policyholders in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and New Hampshire. Arbella employs about 1,000 individuals throughout the northeastern region of the United States. The company has a robust network of more than 600 independent auto, homeowners, and business insurance agents. If you are looking to insure an automobile, house, business, or motorcycle, you should give serious consideration to an Arbella policy.
Arbella Insurance Coverage Options
Arbella offers a variety of insurance coverage types. Here are some of the insurance coverage types that Arbella offers:
- Auto Insurance: Arbella offers bodily injury liability coverage, property damage liability coverage, collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, medical payments coverage, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
- Homeowner’s Insurance: Arbella offers homeowner’s insurance that covers your house, personal belongings, liability, and additional living expenses.
- Business Insurance: Arbella offers business insurance that covers general liability, commercial property, commercial auto, and workers’ compensation.
- Umbrella Insurance: Arbella offers umbrella insurance that provides additional liability coverage above and beyond what is covered by your primary insurance policies.
- Flood Insurance: Arbella offers flood insurance that covers damage caused by flooding, which is not typically covered by a standard homeowners insurance policy.
- Motorcycle Insurance: Arbella sells bodily injury and property damage liability, as well as collision and comprehensive coverage for your motorcycle.
- Life Insurance: Arbella offers life insurance that provides coverage for your loved ones in the event of your untimely death.
- Personal Insurance: Arbella offers personal insurance that covers valuable items like jewelry, fine art, and collectibles.
Please note that the availability of these coverage types may vary by state, and additional coverage options may be available depending on your individual needs.
Arbella Car Insurance Options
Arbella provides the standard auto insurance coverages with additional options that appeal to those living in greater New England. Comprehensive insurance is available for reimbursement to cover the costs of fire, flood, theft, glass breakage, or vandalism. Collision coverage helps cover the cost of damage to a vehicle regardless of which party’s negligence led to the accident. Personal injury protection is available to cover upwards of $8,000 of medical expenses, 75% of lost wages causally related to the auto accident, and replacement services.
Even if you are at fault for the accident, your personal injury protection through Arbella will still apply. Arbella’s bodily injury protection to others covers the cost of bodily injury to another person up to but not above $20,000 per individual. This coverage also covers up to $40,000 per accident if the insured party accidentally causes injury to another individual while driving. In fact, Arbella’s bodily injury to others even helps cover the cost of the ensuing legal defense to boot.
Arbella also provides coverage for bodily injury resulting from uninsured motorists. This coverage protects the insured party as well as those who drive the insured party’s vehicle against losses resulting from hit-and-run accidents as well as collisions with uninsured drivers. The company mandates a minimum limit of $40,000 per accident and $20,000 per person. Arbella also provides OEM coverage. If an insured customer’s vehicle requires repair, he or she will be provided with parts from the original equipment manufacturer (or OEM for short). If there is an accident deemed a total loss, the company’s loan/lease gap protection covers the difference between the vehicle’s depreciated value and the total cost of replacement.
Arbella also offers emergency roadside assistance coverage to those who experience a breakdown, flat tire, or other related issues on the side of the road. Typically, this coverage includes services such as jump-starts for dead batteries, labor for flat tire changes, towing, and lockout services.
Arbella Auto Insurance Discounts
Arbella provides all sorts of driver discounts.
- Anti-Theft Device Discount: A discount of up to 36% is available for drivers willing to install an anti-theft device in their vehicles.
- Active-Military Discount: Those on active military duty are given an Arbella auto insurance discount of up to 10%.
- Good Grade Discount: Students with good grades are eligible for a 5% auto insurance discount.
- Good Driver Discount: You may qualify for a safe driver discount if you have a clean driving record with no at-fault accidents or moving violations.
- Multi-Vehicle Discount: If you insure more than one vehicle with Arbella, you may be eligible for a multi-car discount.
- Mature Driver Discount: If you are a driver over 65, you may qualify for a mature driver discount.
- Low Mileage Discount: You may be eligible for a low mileage discount if you drive fewer miles than the average driver.
- Membership/Affinity Discount: If you are a member of an eligible organization or group, you may qualify for a group discount.
- Other Discounts: Discounts up to but not more than 7% are available for new customers and those who partake in driver training courses. Additional discounts are available to customers who pay their premium in full or bundle insurance policies with the company.
Arbella Even Insures the Pets You Transport in Your Vehicle
Nowadays, it seems like everyone wants their furry friend to be alongside them wherever they go. Sadly, most auto insurance providers do not extend insurance coverage to pets. Arbella bucks the trend by providing insurance coverage to customers’ furry friends. This way, if your dog or cat is injured in an auto accident, Arbella will cover upwards of $500 of vet fees.
Additional Arbella Insurance Perks
Arbella provides an array of additional coverage perks for its valued customers. As an example, Arbella customers can group their auto insurance with personal property insurance and even snowplow insurance for a lower aggregate monthly premium than would be available if these coverages were acquired independently of one another. If you attach a snowplow to your truck or SUV and it breaks, Arbella’s snowplow insurance will kick in if the damage exceeds $200.
Arbella Financial Stability and Customer Satisfaction
The Arbella Insurance Group has received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. However, customer reviews suggest there may be some room for improvement regarding customer satisfaction. The average score given by customers is fewer than 1.5 stars out of five, based on just 15 reviews, so it’s important to take this rating with a grain of salt.
However, the insurer receives far fewer complaints from policyholders than expected, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). Overall, customers of Arbella are generally pleased with the service they receive.
The company has been given an “A” financial stability rating by AM Best, indicating its strong ability to pay claim settlements even in adverse economic times. That being said, in the New England region where Arbella offers insurance, J.D. Power gave Arbella’s service a lower-than-average rating. Arbella was ranked 11th out of 13 companies examined by J.D. Power.
Is Arbella Worthy of Your Business?
In short, yes. Arbella is a fantastic auto insurance provider, especially for those who drive throughout the greater New England area. The company’s drive-in claims centers are conveniently accessible. Arbella’s deep discounts and customer loyalty program dubbed the Disappearing Deductible Rewards Plus program, are the icing on the cake. Customers who renew their auto insurance policy through Arbella after a period without an at-fault claim are provided with a $100 credit toward their collision deductible. In other words, Arbella pays you for being a good driver. All in all, Arbella’s auto insurance rates are competitively priced for drivers in nearly every age cohort. This is one of the better auto insurance companies around.
Arbella Insurance Contact Info
1100 Crown Colony Drive
P.O. Box 699195
Quincy, MA 02269-9225
Phone Number: 1-800-ARBELLA (1-800-272-3552)