Is Baja Auto Insurance Good?
Last Updated on
Choosing the right car insurance company for your needs can be challenging. With so many options, it can be difficult to know which provider is going to be the right fit for you. If you’re based in Texas, you may be considering Baja Auto Insurance for your car insurance needs. Baja Auto Insurance operates throughout the Dallas/Fort Worth area and provides a range of auto insurance products. Here’s what you need to know about Baja Auto Insurance before you sign up.
About Baja Auto Insurance
Baja Auto Insurance was founded in the Buckner-McKinney area of Texas, just north of Dallas, in 2006. In 2015, Baja was bought by Confie Seguros, a nationwide personal lines insurance broker. Freeway Insurance and Cost-U-Less Insurance are also subsidiaries of Confie Seguros.
Baja Auto Insurance is an independent insurance agency that provides policies from a number of different providers at competitive rates. They pride themselves on providing affordable coverage and great customer service for the community. They now have 59 locations, most of which are in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area. In addition to Texas, Baja also sells insurance in Nevada, Arizona, and Oklahoma.
What Types of Insurance Does Baja Offer?
Baja Auto Insurance offers a wide range of policy types to suit your needs. In addition to offering coverage in Texas, they also offer coverage for Nevada, Arizona, and Oklahoma. However, drivers in these states will not be able to purchase coverage at an office. Some of the insurance policies that they offer include:
– Liability insurance. Liability insurance is legally required in Texas and throughout the United States. It covers the financial burden of medical bills and property repairs if you are found at fault in an accident.
– Comprehensive coverage. Comprehensive coverage will pay to repair your car if it is damaged as a result of vandalism, weather, fire, or other circumstances outside of your control. While comprehensive coverage is not required by law, it is highly encouraged.
– Collision coverage. Collision coverage will pay for your repairs if you are involved in a collision with another car or with another object, regardless of who is at fault. Like comprehensive coverage, it is not required but is highly recommended.
– Uninsured motorist coverage. Uninsured motorist coverage will pay your damages if you are hit by a driver who does not carry liability insurance or doesn’t have enough coverage to pay for the damages. It can also help you if you are involved in a hit-and-run and cannot find the other driver.
– High-risk coverage. Baja Auto can help you find coverage if you’re considered a high-risk driver. These are drivers who require an SR22 form or have multiple accidents on their record. Many insurance companies won’t insure high-risk drivers or will charge them unaffordable rates. Baja can help high-risk drivers find more affordable rates.
– Medical payments coverage. Medical payments coverage will pay the medical bills for you and your passengers if you are injured in an accident.
– Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage. PIP is similar to medical payments coverage, although it can cover other costs associated with injuries, such as lost wages or physical therapy.
– Roadside assistance. Roadside assistance can help you if you experience problems while you’re out on the road, such as a flat tire or a dead battery. Roadside assistance can also help you if you get locked out of your car.
– Motorcycle insurance. In addition to car insurance, Baja Auto also offers coverage for motorcycles and other vehicle types. This includes motorcycles as well as RVs, ATVs, scooters/mopeds, snowmobiles, and more.
– Renters insurance. If you’re renting an apartment, you can get affordable renters’ insurance through Baja Auto. Many landlords actually require their renters to have renters’ insurance.
What Is Baja Auto’s Customer Service Like?
Baja Auto receives mixed reviews for their customer service. They currently have a B- rating from the Better Business Bureau for failure to respond to complaints. Your customer service experience with Baja Auto may vary depending on which location you go to, as each location does have their own staff.
It’s important that Baja Auto does not actually underwrite their own insurance. Instead, they are a broker that works with several different insurance companies. The advantage of this is that they can help you find the provider that offers the best rates and the best coverage for your needs. Since they are connected within the insurance industry, they might help you find a great provider that you wouldn’t have found on your own.
However, Baja’s independent broker status does come with some disadvantages. One of the biggest disadvantages is that customer support can be confusing once you do have a policy in place. While Baja’s agents can help with claims and other customer service issues, there may be times when you are routed to the parent insurance company.
One benefit that Baja Auto does provide is bilingual service. Most of their locations offer service in both English and Spanish. The offices that provide bilingual services are listed on their website.
Baja Auto offers some services through their website. However, their website is fairly rudimentary when compared to larger national insurance providers. They have a free quote form on their website that is easy to fill out. Once the form has been submitted, an agent will call or email you with a quote. However, they do not offer a way to pay your bill or file a claim over the phone. Most of Baja Auto’s customer service is only available over the phone or in-person at one of their local offices.
What Are the Advantages of Using Baja Auto Insurance?
Baja Auto Insurance offers some unique advantages for their customers. If these advantages are what you’re looking for, Baja might be the right choice for you.
- Baja Auto Insurance provides affordable options for high-risk drivers. High-risk drivers often have trouble finding reasonably priced coverage from other agencies.
- Baja offers bilingual services, which is great for those who speak Spanish.
- By working with multiple car insurance providers, Baja Auto Insurance is able to offer more options and potentially save you more money than going directly to an insurer. Their team can use their expertise to help you find providers you may not have found on your own.
What Are the Disadvantages of Using Baja Auto Insurance?
Although there are many advantages of using Baja Auto Insurance, there are also many disadvantages that it is important to be aware of before you sign up for coverage. Here are some of Baja Auto Insurance’s disadvantages that you should be aware of.
- Baja Auto Insurance only sells policies for Texas, Nevada, Arizona, and Oklahoma drivers, and they only have offices in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
- They receive very mixed reviews for their customer service, and most customer-service features are only available over the phone or in person.
Final Word – Baja Auto Insurance Review
If you’re in Texas, Nevada, Arizona, or Oklahoma and are looking for affordable insurance, Baja Auto Insurance could be an option for you. However, it’s always best to get quotes from multiple insurance providers to see who can offer the best value for you.
|Baja Auto Insurance Contact Information|
|Address||7711 Center Ave #200
Huntington Beach, CA 92647