Is Freeway Auto Insurance Good?
Last Updated on May 7, 2023
Freeway Insurance is a quickly growing brokerage with offices in 12 states throughout the US. They are known for offering low rates, particularly for high-risk drivers. They are also known for their bilingual services. If you are looking for a new car insurance policy, you may wonder if Freeway is a good option. Here’s what you need to know about Freeway Insurance.
- Freeway Insurance is a brokerage that works with several insurance companies to offer car insurance policies to clients who require SR-22s or are otherwise difficult to insure.
- They offer liability coverage and additional coverage options, such as comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, and more, as well as motorcycle, watercraft, ATV, and snowmobile insurance.
- Freeway Insurance can offer bilingual services in English and Spanish.
- The Pros of Freeway include finding policies for drivers requiring SR-22s, negotiating prices and offering discounts, developing a working relationship with an insurance agent you trust, and receiving bilingual services. The Cons include paying brokerage fees and unclear billing processes.
- Insurance Panda rates Freeway Insurance 3.3/5
- Freeway Insurance Overview
- How Can I Get a Quote From Freeway Insurance?
- What Is Freeway’s Customer Service Like?
- What Types of Insurance Does Freeway Offer?
- What Auto Insurance Discounts Does Freeway Offer?
- What Are the Benefits of Using Freeway?
- What Are the Downsides of Using Freeway?
- Frequently Asked Questions About Freeway
- Our Rating of Freeway Insurance
Freeway Insurance Overview
Freeway does not underwrite its own insurance. Instead, they are a brokerage that works with several insurance companies to help clients find the best policies for their needs. They are part of the larger Confie Insurance family, including Cost-U-Less Insurance, InsureOne, and Baja Auto Insurance. They specialize in finding insurance policies for drivers who require SR-22s or are otherwise difficult to insure. They partner with several insurance providers to help drivers find low rates, including Progressive, Safeco, Kemper, Mercury, and more.
Freeway sells insurance online or over the phone in all 50 states. They also have offices in California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Missouri, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Florida, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York. Freeway Insurance has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Their offices have English and Spanish-speaking team members to cater to bilingual customers.
How Can I Get a Quote From Freeway Insurance?
You can get a quote from Freeway Insurance by filling out a form on their website or calling their national call center directly. The online form will have you provide your contact information, information about your car and driving history, and the type of coverage you are looking for. Once you have submitted the form, an agent will review it and call you back with a quote. Depending on where you live and your personal circumstances, they may be able to provide quotes from multiple partner insurers to give you options. If you decide to move forward with the amount quoted, your brokers will draft policy documents for you.
Since Freeway is a broker and does not sell insurance directly, it is crucial to be aware of the fees that come with their services. Every state has its own laws about brokerage fees – some states require brokers to disclose additional fees when quoting insurance policies, while others do not.
Generally, Freeway will disclose brokerage fees when quoting your policy, but you should always confirm your fees before finalizing your policy. Keep in mind that brokerage fees are non-refundable in most cases. You should always consider the brokerage fees when comparing insurance policies. For example, Freeway may offer you a significantly less expensive policy than your current policy without fees but costs the same with fees added.
What Is Freeway’s Customer Service Like?
If you live in one of the 12 states where Freeway has offices, you can handle various aspects of your insurance policy in person. The business will generally be conducted over the phone if you live elsewhere. They allow you to make payments via phone, mail, or in person at one of their offices. In certain states, you can also make your payment online.
To file claims, you can call their hotline or visit your broker at your local office. Since Freeway is a brokerage and not an insurance policy, you won’t be filing a claim with them but with one of their insurance partners. Your broker can help you get started with the claims filing process.
Generally, Freeway’s customer service gets positive reviews. Freeway has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. The company gets 4.02 out of five stars. However, this customer rating only reflects 187 reviews.
Many people have great relationships with their local Freeway brokers. However, some complain that their broker’s fees and billing process are unclear.
What Types of Insurance Does Freeway Offer?
Freeway offers many different types of car insurance policies. They offer basic liability coverage and additional coverage options like comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, medical payments, uninsured/underinsured coverage, gap insurance, and rental car reimbursement. They can also help you find some discounts to lower the cost of your policy, including bundle discounts, student discounts, military discounts, and much more. They also offer several other insurance coverage options, including motorcycle, watercraft, ATV, and snowmobile insurance. Additionally, you can add roadside assistance coverage, windshield repair, and other coverage options. Because Freeway works with several different insurance partners, they can offer various insurance coverage types.
What Auto Insurance Discounts Does Freeway Offer?
Review the table below to see the auto insurance discounts offered by Freeway.
|Anti-theft device discount||✘|
|Defensive driving discount||✘|
|Good student discount||✓|
|Safety device discount||✘|
|Special employment discount||✘|
What Are the Benefits of Using Freeway?
There are several benefits to using Freeway to find an insurance policy – here’s what to consider:
- Drivers who require SR-22s or have high-risk driving records can have difficulty finding insurance on their own. Freeway works with many different insurance providers and may help you find a policy you wouldn’t be able to find on your own. Brokers like Freeway can also negotiate the price of your policy for you and help you get discounts you might not otherwise have found. Even with the broker’s fees, many people save money working with a broker because of the expert knowledge and negotiation skills they offer.
- Freeway is an excellent option for Spanish-speaking drivers in the US because they always offer bilingual services. It’s much easier to ask questions about your insurance policy and fill out paperwork in your native language, which is why this feature is so beneficial.
- If you like to develop a working relationship with an insurance agent you trust, you can benefit from using Freeway to find an insurance policy. Your broker will help you through the process and can take much of the guesswork out of finding an insurance policy. You can also feel more confident knowing you can go to an insurance agent if you encounter any problems or questions.
- Freeway gets positive reviews from places like BBB and Yelp for customer service.
What Are the Downsides of Using Freeway?
Although there are benefits to using Freeway as your insurer, there are some key downsides to consider. Here’s what to keep in mind when shopping with Freeway.
- While Freeway offers affordable insurance policies for people with SR-22s and other high-risk drivers, they aren’t the cheapest for everyone. If you already have a good driving record, you may get a cheaper rate by going directly through an insurance company instead of a broker.
- If you like to manage your car insurance policy online, you may want to choose another provider. Although Freeway has a website, most of its business is conducted over the phone or in person. This can be inconvenient for very busy people.
- Some users complain of hidden fees. For example, they are quoted one price, but after Freeway’s fees are added, the price is higher than expected.
- Freeway’s financial stability is questionable. Freeway does not qualify to be rated by big agencies like AM Best or JD Power.
Frequently Asked Questions About Freeway
|Freeway Company Info|
|Address||7711 Center Ave #200
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
|Phone Number||1 (888) 443-4662|