Is AssuranceAmerica Good for Auto Insurance?
Last Updated on April 23, 2023
Choosing a car insurance company can be difficult – there are so many options, and it’s not always obvious which ones will provide you with the best value. To find the right insurance company for your needs, you will likely need to get quotes from several agencies. Getting quotes from both national and regional insurers is the best way to make sure you don’t miss out on any reliable options.
AssuranceAmerica is a regional insurer you may be considering for your car insurance. They specialize in non-standard coverage and are run through independent agents. In our AsurranceAmerica review below, we’ll cover everything you should know before you sign up for an AssuranceAmerica car insurance policy.
- Getting quotes from multiple insurers, including national and regional ones, is the best way to find the right insurance company.
- AssuranceAmerica is a regional insurer specializing in non-standard auto insurance policies for drivers who may not get insurance through traditional car insurance providers.
- AssuranceAmerica offers straightforward policy packages that do not provide much room for customization, but they do have a few add-ons that you can use to customize your coverage.
- AssuranceAmerica does not offer as many discounts as other car insurance companies. Still, they offer some discounts for their customers, such as multi-car discounts, defensive driver discounts, and good student discounts.
- About AssuranceAmerica
- What Kind of Insurance Does AssuranceAmerica Provide?
- Does AssuranceAmerica Offer Discounts?
- What Is AssuranceAmerica’s Customer Service Like?
- AssuranceAmerica Financial Strength Ratings
- What Are the Advantages of Using AssuranceAmerica?
- What Are the Disadvantages of Using AssuranceAmerica?
- Our Rating of AssuranceAmerica
AssuranceAmerica was founded in 1998 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia. They also have offices in Tampa, Florida and Dallas, Texas. Independent agents sell their products and are also available through InsureMax, their subsidiary company. They currently provide insurance in 10 states: Georgia, Florida, Texas, Arizona, South Carolina, Nebraska, Missouri, Indiana, and Virginia. They also are licensed in 10 other states, although they are not currently active there. Prospective customers can find agent details on AssuranceAmerica’s website. AssuranceAmerica specializes in non-standard insurance, providing policies to those who may not otherwise be able to get them.
What Kind of Insurance Does AssuranceAmerica Provide?
AssuranceAmerica offers straightforward policy packages that do not provide much room for customization. Their coverage is divided into three tiers:
- Minimum coverage: This coverage level provides the legally required liability coverage to drive in your state. Liability coverage pays for bodily injury and property damages to the other party if you are found at fault in an accident. AssuranceAmerica does not allow you to extend your liability coverage beyond the state-mandated requirements.
- Full coverage: The full coverage option expands on the minimum coverage package with collision and comprehensive insurance. Collision coverage pays for damage to your car in an accident, including one and two-party collisions, regardless of who is at fault. Comprehensive insurance covers damage from vandalism, weather, and other sources.
- Premium coverage: This is the highest coverage level that AssuranceAmerica offers. It not only offers liability, comprehensive, and collision coverage but also offers uninsured motorist coverage and medical payments coverage. Uninsured motorist coverage pays for your damages if you are hit by a driver who isn’t carrying insurance or does not have enough insurance to pay the damages. Medical payments coverage covers any medical bills associated with an accident that your health insurance does not cover.
In addition to these three coverage levels, AssuranceAmerica has a few add-ons that you can use to customize your coverage. This includes towing coverage if you end up stuck while driving, accidental death coverage, and personal injury protection, which is required in some states.
AssuranceAmerica specializes in non-standard auto insurance policies. Non-standard auto insurance policies are designed for people who may not be able to get insurance through traditional car insurance providers. This includes people who have multiple accidents on their record or people who require SR-22s to drive. An SR-22 certificate is a document the government requires for some drivers with poor records and serves as proof of insurance. Many insurance companies won’t issue them because, statistically, drivers who need them are at higher risk of getting into an accident. AssuranceAmerica offers these policies to drivers who may be excluded from other insurance companies.
Does AssuranceAmerica Offer Discounts?
Compared with other car insurance companies, AssuranceAmerica does not offer as many discounts. However, they do offer some discounts for their customers, so be sure to ask when you are signing up. Some of the discounts that AssuranceAmerica offers include:
- Homeowners’ discount
- Discount for those who have proof of continuous coverage from a previous insurance company
- Military discount
- Discount for members of warehouse clubs (such as Costco, BJs, or Sam’s Club)
- Multi-car discount
- Defensive driver certification discount
- Paid in full discount
- Good student discount
What Is AssuranceAmerica’s Customer Service Like?
AssuranceAmerica conducts its business through local agents. However, they do allow customers to manage certain aspects of their policy online. They have partnered with TrustWay Insurance to provide online quotes, so you can get an idea of their pricing before you sign up. However, you’ll still need to talk to a local agent to finalize your policy. Once your policy is set up, you’ll have the option to pay online.
Filing claims and making changes to your policy will need to be done in person with your agent or over the phone. AssuranceAmerica provides around-the-clock phone reporting for claims, with regular service hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday. Additionally, claims information can be submitted through regular mail or by utilizing the company’s convenient online self-service tool.
AssuranceAmerica Financial Strength Ratings
AssuranceAmerica does not have a financial stability rating from AM Best. AM Best is an organization that rates the financial stability of insurance companies and other financial institutions, indicating how well they would perform in times of economic downturn. AssuranceAmerica also does not have ratings from JD Power or other organizations that rate the quality of insurance coverage and customer service.
AssuranceAmerica has a poor NAIC rating. Their score of 3.65 on the NAIC’s Complaint Index suggests that they have received more complaints than expected compared to other insurers. This may indicate that customers have had less than satisfactory experiences with their car insurance provided by AssuranceAmerica.
On the Better Business Bureau, AssuranceAmerica has an A+ rating, which is good. But they are not accredited, which means they have not gone through BBB’s accreditation process, which includes meeting specific standards of trust, integrity, and performance.
What Are the Advantages of Using AssuranceAmerica?
If you’re struggling to find insurance because of your driving record, AssuranceAmerica could be the right choice for you. They specialize in policies for drivers who require SR-22s and also can provide competitive rates for people who have accidents or other driving violations on their records. When selecting a car insurance policy, it’s important to always get quotes from multiple insurers, so you can select the one that is the best fit for your needs.
If you prefer having a local insurance agent, AssuranceAmerica might be a good fit. Many people prefer working with a local insurance agent because they take a more personalized approach to customer service. You can also build a trusting relationship with your agent over time. AssuranceAmerica strikes a good balance by allowing customers to get quotes and pay bills online.
What Are the Disadvantages of Using AssuranceAmerica?
Although there are some advantages to using AssuranceAmerica, there are also many disadvantages to be aware of before you purchase a policy. There isn’t much information about AssuranceAmerica’s financial stability. They are also only available in 10 states. AssuranceAmerica also does not give you many options to customize your policy, nor does it offer many discounts. Because of this, they likely won’t be a good fit for most drivers.
AssuranceAmerica may be a good fit for drivers who need SR-22 coverage. However, their lack of coverage options and discounts means they likely won’t be the best choice for drivers with a clean record. The best way to find the right insurer for you is to get quotes from several different companies, so you can see who will provide you with the best rates.
|AssuranceAmerica Contact Info
| 5500 Interstate North Pkwy, Ste. 600
Atlanta, GA 30328
|Customer Service Phone Number
|1 (800) 450-7857
|Claims Phone Number
|1 (888) 580-8134