Is Freedom National Good for Auto Insurance?
Last Updated on
When selecting a car insurance company, you have so many different options to choose from. With so many different choices, it can be difficult to determine which insurance company is going to be the best fit for you. Freedom National is a car insurance company that specializes in low-cost insurance. In this article, we’ll dive into the services that Freedom National offers, as well as the pros and cons of using them as your car insurance company, so you can decide if they are the right provider for you.
About Freedom National
Freedom National is a small car insurance company that has been operating since 1999. They focus on providing affordable coverage for those who may otherwise struggle to get it, like drivers with SR-22s or young drivers. Freedom National has headquarters in Newport Beach, California, but they only provide insurance in Utah, Arizona, and Georgia. They focus on providing localized insurance options at affordable prices.
Freedom National Coverage Options
Freedom National offers a range of different coverage types to protect you in the event of an accident. You can customize your policy with any combination of these coverage types.
- Liability coverage: Freedom National offers liability coverage plans that fit the state requirements for Arizona, Utah, and Georgia. Every state requires its drivers to have a certain amount of liability coverage for both bodily injury and property damage. This covers the financial responsibilities you’ll incur if you are found at fault in an accident.
- Collision coverage: This pays for any expenses incurred as the result of a collision, regardless of who was at fault. It also covers expenses for one car collisions.
- Comprehensive coverage: This is designed to pay for damages to your car that aren’t the result of a collision. For example, comprehensive coverage can pay for weather damage or damage from vandalism.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: If you’re hit by a driver who doesn’t have insurance to pay for your damages, this coverage type will pay for them, ensuring that you don’t have to pay out-of-pocket for a collision you weren’t at fault in. It’s also common for drivers to carry the bare minimum amount of insurance coverage, which may not pay for the total amount of damages. This type of coverage can also pay the difference in those instances.
- Medical payments/personal injury protection: Some states require their drivers to have personal injury protection coverage, which covers the medical payments of you and your passengers if you are seriously injured in a crash and require ongoing medical treatment.
- Towing coverage: If you need to get your car towed after an accident, Freedom National offers some reimbursement.
- Rental reimbursement: If you need to rent a car after an accident in order to get around, Freedom National covers these costs as well.
Freedom National Customer Service
Freedom National makes it easy for customers to handle their insurance policy online. Not only do they offer online quotes for potential customers, but you can also purchase a policy directly from their website. They partner with independent auto insurance providers in some states to provide a wider range of coverage options. Freedom National also allows customers to pay their bills online and set up auto-pay services. They also have customer service representatives that can be reached over the phone. Claims and policy cancellations can only be done over the phone.
Despite the convenience that Freedom National offers for their customers, they also do get some complaints about poor customer service. Issues with billing and having trouble canceling policies are some of the most common problems customers have written about online.
Freedom National Discounts
Freedom National specializes in affordable policies for people who may have trouble getting them elsewhere, such as people who require SR-22s, people who have DUIs on their record, and new drivers with no experience. Additionally, they offer a number of discounts to help drivers save even more money. Drivers who already have a clean record can earn up to 20 percent off. If you keep your record clean and avoid filing claims, you can save 15 percent for renewing your policy. You can also earn a discount for insuring multiple cars with Freedom National, or for paying your policy in full instead of in monthly installments. Older drivers or students who maintain a good GPA can also earn discounts.
Pros of Using Freedom National
There are a number of advantages to using Freedom National as your car insurance provider. Here are some of the reasons to consider using them for your car insurance.
- If you have struggled to get insurance because of your driving record, Freedom National may be able to offer the coverage you need at an affordable price. They are a reliable option for anyone who is considered high-risk or just might be charged high premiums elsewhere.
- Freedom National offers several different types of car insurance coverage as well as discounts to help customers save. Many other high-risk car insurers do not offer much flexibility for their customers in terms of policies.
- Freedom National allows customers to get quotes, purchase policies, and pay their premiums entirely online. This streamlines the process of getting car insurance and makes it much more convenient for those who lead a busy lifestyle.
Cons of Using Freedom National
There are also some disadvantages to using Freedom National as your car insurance provider. It’s important to keep these things in mind before committing to a car insurance policy.
- Freedom National is only available in Utah, Arizona, and Georgia. This means that you won’t be able to maintain coverage with them if you move outside of these three states.
- Although you can buy coverage from Freedom National online, you’ll still need to call if you want to file a claim or cancel your coverage.
- Freedom National doesn’t have direct agents, which can be a disadvantage for those who prefer to develop a relationship with an insurance agent.
- Freedom National gets complaints about consistent billing issues and other problems with their customer service.
If you’re interested in using Freedom National for your car insurance, start by getting a quote online. You should always get quotes from multiple insurers to see who can provide you with the best car insurance policy.