Is Indiana Farmers Good for Auto Insurance?
Last Updated on November 5, 2020
Indiana Farmers can help make shopping for car insurance easy if you live in Indiana or Illinois by providing a wide range of insurance options at competitive rates with quality customer service.
Indiana Farmers Mutual Insurance Company was established in 1877 to provide Hoosier farmers with insurance options. Since then the company has expanded its insurance offerings to a wide range of options. In addition to farm and crop insurance, Indiana Farm Bureau now offers home, auto, life, business, and renters insurance. Indiana Farmers serves Hoosiers in all 92 counties of Indiana with over 450 agents and almost 1,200 employees.
The company is one of the largest insurance writers of farm insurance in Indiana and a leader in auto and home insurance. It’s a major supporter of independent insurance agents in Indiana and it also recently expanded its territory to include Illinois, with further expansion in the Midwest a possibility.
What Auto Insurance Coverage Does Indiana Farmers Offer?
Indiana Farmers offers a wide range of auto insurance coverage options, allowing you to customize your policy to suit your individual insurance needs. Indiana Farmers only sells insurance through its affiliated network of independent insurance agents, so be sure to check with a local independent insurance agent and ask about getting a quote from Indiana Farmers.
Standard Coverage Options
- Bodily injury liability. Indiana Farmers offers liability limits from the state minimum all the way up to $1 million.
- Property damage liability. You can buy property damage liability of limits between $25,000 and $100,000.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist. Choose up to $1 million in uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, which covers your own injuries if the at-fault person doesn’t have any insurance or not high enough to cover your medical expenses.
- Medical payments. Choose between $500 and $25,000 in medical expense coverage, which provides quick money to cover medical bills if you or anyone in your vehicle gets injured, regardless of who was at fault.
- Collision. Indiana Farmers offers deductibles from $250 to $5,000 for collision coverage, which covers your own vehicle’s damage if you’re at-fault or hit a solid object, such as a tree or building.
- Comprehensive. You can pick a deductible as low as $50 for comprehensive coverage, which insures your vehicle for nearly anything that’s not a collision, which includes theft, fire, hail or wind damage, broken glass, hitting an animal, and falling objects.
Extra Coverage Options
- Classic cars. Indiana Farmers will insure most types of classic and antique vehicles and will offer agreed value coverage on them.
- Motorcycles. You can insure motorcycles with Indiana Farmers, but only when it’s combined with other vehicles. You can’t have a standalone motorcycle policy with Indiana Farmers, but you can add a motorcycle to a regular policy that has cars or trucks.
- Trailers. Liability for small trailers is automatically included if the vehicle pulling it has insurance, but you can also add physical damage coverage to your trailers with Indiana Farmers.
- Rental car coverage. If your vehicle is undrivable due to a covered loss, your policy can pay for you to rent a vehicle while yours is being fixed. Indiana Farmers automatically includes $20/day in coverage, with higher limits available.
- Full glass coverage. Indiana Farmers offers coverage enhancement packages that include full glass coverage, which means you wouldn’t have any deductible if you have broken glass. You’ll have to choose the whole coverage package to get this, however.
- GAP coverage. If you have a loan on your vehicle, you can make sure the loan is paid off with GAP coverage, also known as loan/lease. This takes care of the problem of your car depreciating faster than you pay off your loan.
Indiana Farmers Auto Insurance Discounts
Indiana Farmers doesn’t offer quite as many auto insurance discounts as some larger insurance companies, but it does offer some of the most common.
- Multi-policy discount. This discount will reduce both your auto premiums and your home, farm, or renters premium if you have both policies with Indiana Farmers.
- Multi-vehicle discount. Having more than one vehicle on your policy will reduce the premiums for each vehicle.
- Good credit discount. People with good credit typically are less likely to get into accidents, which lowers their premiums.
- Vehicle safety discounts. If your vehicle comes with enhanced safety measures, such as active or passive restraint systems, you’ll receive a small discount.
- Good student discounts. If you have a high school or college student on your policy who’s last report card averaged at least a B, you’ll be eligible for a rate reduction.
- Defensive driving course discount. Anyone is eligible for this discount if they’ve taken and completed an approved defensive driving course.
Indiana Farmers Reviews and Complaints
Indiana Farmers has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, though it’s not accredited with the BBB as of the time of this writing. AM Best currently gives it an A (Excellent) rating. On Wallethub, it currently has a 3.5-star average out of 5, though there are only 68 reviews on the website.
Most online reviews are favorable towards Indiana Farmers’ claims service, though every insurance company will have some negative reviews. And since Indiana Farmers only operates through independent insurance agents, the quality of the agent can also play a role in having positive claims or customer experience.
Final Word on Indiana Farmers Auto Insurance
Indiana Farmers has a long history of offering quality insurance products to its customers in Indiana, and now is slowly expanding into other states in the Midwest. Most clients who switch to Indiana Farmers will stay with them for a few years, as its rates are fairly stable.
With a wide range of insurance products that can cover any type of vehicle you might have, Indiana Farmers is certainly worth getting a quote from. Since you’ll be getting a quote from an independent insurance agent who sells Indiana Farmers insurance, you’ll be able to compare its rates with other companies that offer insurance in your area.
|Indiana Farmers Company Info|
|Address||10 West 106th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46290