Is Gabi a Good Place to Get Auto Insurance?
Last Updated on May 5, 2023
Gabi is a home and auto insurance comparison website and app that claims to save time and money.
Is Gabi.com a good place to get auto insurance? Or will the website recommend subpar insurance at inflated prices?
Gabi works with 40+ carriers to find the best insurance for drivers and homeowners. Gabi claims customers can save $961 per year, on average, by searching for insurance through Gabi.
Is Gabi a good place to find insurance? Will Gabi find good insurance policies at a good price? Or does the website recommend insurance providers that pay the highest commissions?
- Gabi is a home and auto insurance comparison website and app that partners with 40+ carriers to find the best insurance for drivers and homeowners.
- The website claims customers can save $961 per year, on average, by searching for insurance through Gabi.
- Gabi is free to use, and the company claims to charge “no fees, ever.” However, they use personal information to recommend insurance products and may send marketing communication to users.
- Gabi does not sell insurance but partners with various companies across the United States. Customers have reported positive and negative experiences with the website.
- Insurance Panda rates Gabi 4/5
- What Is Gabi?
- How Does Gabi Work?
- How Is Gabi Free?
- Gabi Affiliated Insurance Companies
- Gabi Is Not a Car Insurance Company
- Types of Insurance Available Through Gabi
- Is Gabi Good for Car Insurance? Here’s What Customers Have to Say
- Pros and Cons of Gabi
- About Gabi
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Our Rating of Gabi
- Final Word on Gabi.com
What Is Gabi?
Gabi, found online at Gabi.com, is a home and auto insurance comparison website and mobile app. Gabi lets you compare your current insurance policy with other regional providers.
You can get a free insurance quote through Gabi with no signup required. Just visit the official website and click ‘Get Free Quotes.’
Alternatively, Gabi also offers a comparison tool. You add your current insurance profile to Gabi. Then, Gabi analyzes dozens of providers in your region.
Gabi has partnered with 40+ carriers, including well-known names like GEICO, Progressive, and Travelers. Gabi organizes quotes from all of these top providers and several smaller local providers to bring you the best possible home and auto insurance rates.
How Does Gabi Work?
There are two ways to use Gabi. You can add your insurance profile and compare that information to other providers if you currently have insurance. Or, if you don’t have insurance or don’t want to input insurance information, you get a free quote through Gabi regardless.
Start by visiting Gabi.com or downloading the Gabi app for iOS or Android
Step 1) Input current insurance information, including your current company and the price you pay (optional)
Step 2) Enter your name, birthdate, home address, homeownership status, email address, and phone number (required)
Step 3) Enter the four-digit SMS code that was sent to your phone number
Step 4) Complete the registration
Step 5) Compare rates from up to 20 providers in your area
Signing up for Gabi and comparing quotes takes about two minutes.
If you already have insurance, you can see how other local providers compare to your current provider. For example, you can see if you’re getting a good deal or paying significantly more for home and auto insurance.
Or, if you don’t have insurance (or chose not to enter your insurance details into Gabi), you can view top providers in your region regardless.
How Is Gabi Free?
Gabi is free to use. The company claims that it will charge “no fees, ever.”
Like many other free insurance comparison websites, Gabi uses your personal information to recommend car insurance products. The company requires you to input personal information to use the website, including your name, age, contact information, and home address. You cannot compare insurance quotes on Gabi until you share this information.
When you share your contact information with Gabi, you agree to receive marketing communication from that company. Here’s what the company says in its SMS disclaimer, for example:
“By clicking “Next Step,” you consent to receive text messages to your phone number from Gabi, with product-related notices and offers.”
Gabi Affiliated Insurance Companies
Gabi provides quotes from some of America’s largest insurance companies – including GEICO and Progressive. The company also provides quotes from insurance companies most drivers have not heard of – like Lemonade and Hippo.
Gabi shops from a network of 40 insurance companies, including all of the following:
- Berkshire Hathaway Guard Insurance Companies
- Mercury Insurance
- Foremost Insurance Group
- National General
As you can see, Gabi has partnered with a blend of well-known and lesser-known insurance providers.
Gabi Is Not a Car Insurance Company
To be clear, Gabi is not a car insurance company: the company has simply partnered with various car insurance companies across the United States.
You use Gabi to find car insurance. You enter your information into Gabi’s online form or app, then complete an insurance application with one of the partner insurance companies.
After you request a quote through Gabi, you are done dealing with Gabi: you are now a client of the insurance company you chose.
If you’re asking if Gabi “is good for car insurance?” the answer is easy: Gabi recommends good and bad insurance companies. Be sure to research each individual insurance company before you sign up for car insurance through that company.
Types of Insurance Available Through Gabi
Gabi primarily advertises home and auto insurance comparisons. However, the company offers five types of insurance quotes in total, including:
Is Gabi Good for Car Insurance? Here’s What Customers Have to Say
We’ve established that Gabi does not sell car insurance itself. However, is the company good for comparing car insurance quotes? Does the company recommend good insurance providers?
Gabi is generally well-rated online by customers. The company has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), for example, although they are not accredited.
Some customers have had a very positive experience with Gabi, claiming they saved $500 to $1,500 per year after finding a different home and auto insurance provider through the website.
Other customers were less impressed, claiming that Gabi did not recommend cheaper home or auto insurance premiums or that Gabi initially promised significant savings – but later rescinded the offer.
Generally, customers seem to agree that Gabi works as advertised to help customers save money on home and auto insurance.
Gabi Customer Reviews
There appears to be some inconsistency in Gabi’s customer reviews on various prominent websites. While the Better Business Bureau has awarded them an A+ rating, BBB users give them just a 1.42/5. Customer reviews on Yelp suggest less than satisfactory outcomes as well, with only 35 out of 92 reviews giving them a single star. On Google, recent reviews seem to be a mix of either 1 or 5 stars, with few in between, indicating a hit-or-miss experience for customers. On Gabi’s own website, customers give them overwhelmingly positive reviews.
Pros and Cons of Gabi
- Free and easy to use: Gabi lets you compare home and auto insurance quotes from 40+ carriers for free. You can upload your current policy or connect your online account and get quotes within minutes.
- Potential savings: Gabi claims to save customers an average of $961 per year by finding cheaper insurance rates. Some customers have reported saving even more by switching providers through Gabi.
- Licensed agency: Gabi is not just a comparison tool, but a licensed insurance agency that can help you buy a new policy directly through its website or app. Gabi also provides customer support and keeps a digital copy of your insurance cards.
- Initial quotes may change: The quotes you see on Gabi are not final until the insurance company approves them. This process may take up to 24 hours and may result in higher or lower rates than the initial ones.
- Coverage may not match: Gabi tries to match your current coverage as closely as possible, but it may not be exact. You need to review the coverage details of each quote to make sure you are comparing apples to apples.
- Personal information required: To use Gabi, you need to provide your name, email, phone number, address, and driver’s license number. You also need to consent to receive text messages and emails from Gabi with product-related notices and offers.
Gabi Personal Insurance Agency, Inc. is a San Francisco-based startup founded in 2016. The company has raised over $39 million in venture capital from top investors. Gabi is led by Dr. Hanno Fichtner (CEO), Krzysztof Kujawa (CPO), Pawel Olszewski (CTO), and Vincenz Klemm (Head of Ops).
You can contact Gabi via the following:
Address: 106 Lincoln Blvd, Suite 106, San Francisco, CA 94129
Frequently Asked Questions
Final Word on Gabi.com
Gabi is a car insurance comparison website and app. You enter basic personal details and contact information, and Gabi finds home and auto insurance quotes for your region. You can enter your existing insurance policy to see how it compares. Or, you can find quotes without entering information.
Generally, customers have good things to say about Gabi’s car insurance recommendations, claiming the company helps them save money while recommending good insurance providers. However, it’s important to note that Gabi is not an insurance company: Gabi simply lists car insurance providers, which means you should still research each provider.
To learn more about Gabi and how it works, visit Gabi.com today.