Is AgWorkers Mutual Auto Insurance Good?
Last Updated on April 20, 2023
AgWorkers Mutual is a car insurance company best known for serving agricultural communities and workers.
The company sells car insurance to farmers, ranchers, agricultural businesses, and families across Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas, although the company is best known within Texas.
Is AgWorkers Mutual a good insurance company? Should you buy AgWorkers Mutual insurance? Find out everything you need to know about the company and its insurance products today in our review.
- AgWorkers Mutual is a Texas-based car insurance company that sells insurance products to agricultural workers and their families in Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.
- Eligibility requirements to become a member of AgWorkers include holding an agricultural or related degree, being an employee of a qualifying agricultural company, owning agricultural land, or being the child of someone who meets the above requirements.
- AgWorkers only sells auto insurance, including personal auto insurance, commercial auto insurance, farm and ranch commercial auto insurance, and other insurance products.
- AgWorkers sells similar insurance to other providers, including liability insurance, collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage, medical payments and personal injury protection, and rental reimbursement coverage.
- AgWorkers is unique because it is a mutual insurance company, is available in only three states, offers both 6-month and 12-month policies, and is Texas-based.
- About AgWorkers Insurance
- Do You Qualify for AgWorkers Auto Insurance?
- AgWorkers Insurance Products & Services
- How Does AgWorkers Car Insurance Work?
- What Makes AgWorkers Unique?
- AgWorkers Auto Insurance Discounts
- How to Get a Quote from AgWorkers
- AgWorkers Reviews & Ratings: What Do Customers Have to Say?
- Our Rating of AgWorkers Mutual Auto Insurance
- Final Word on AgWorkers
About AgWorkers Insurance
AgWorkers Insurance, also known as AgWorkers Mutual or AgWorkers, is a Texas-based insurance company selling insurance throughout the state.
AgWorkers was founded in 1948 in Fort Worth. Today, the company serves policyholders in Texas, Arkansas, and Oklahoma.
AgWorkers serves most cities across Texas. However, the website specifically mentions the following cities: Abilene, Amarillo, Austin, College Station, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Lubbock, Midland-Odessa, San Angelo, San Antonio, Temple, Tyler, and Waco.
As the name suggests, AgWorkers focuses specifically on agricultural workers on their families. You must meet specific eligibility requirements to become a member of AgWorkers. Once a member, you can buy car insurance through the Agricultural Workers Mutual Auto Insurance Company (AgWorkers).
AgWorkers is headquartered in Haltom City, Texas. The company maintains branch offices throughout the state.
|AgWorkers Contact Information
|5500 Lower Birdville Road
Haltom City, TX 76117
Do You Qualify for AgWorkers Auto Insurance?
AgWorkers is only available to agricultural workers and their families in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.
You qualify for a 12-month auto insurance policy with AgWorkers if you meet the following requirements:
- Hold an agricultural degree or a related degree in fields like veterinary science, life science, or agricultural science
- Employee of a qualifying agricultural company
- Own agricultural land
- The child of someone who meets the above requirements
If you don’t qualify for a 12-month auto insurance policy with AgWorkers, then you may qualify for a 6-month policy if you meet the following requirements:
- A family member of an AgWorkers policyholder
- A member of a qualifying agricultural association
AgWorkers Insurance Products & Services
AgWorkers only sells auto insurance. You can buy car insurance for your business through AgWorkers, or you can buy car insurance for yourself and your family.
Personal Auto Insurance: Members can buy personal auto insurance for themselves and their families through AgWorkers.
Commercial Auto Insurance: Members can buy commercial auto insurance for farm vehicles, alternative agricultural vehicles, and other vehicles through AgWorkers. AgWorkers sells farm and ranch auto insurance, among other products.
Farm and Ranch Commercial Auto Insurance: You can insure ordinary commercial vehicles through AgWorkers Mutual. Or, you can insure farm and ranch vehicles.
How Does AgWorkers Car Insurance Work?
Some of the insurance products and policies available through AgWorkers include:
Liability Insurance: AgWorkers sells liability insurance to cover damage you cause to other people and property. Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas all require liability insurance. You can meet or exceed minimum insurance requirements with AgWorkers.
Collision Coverage: Collision coverage covers damage to your own vehicle after an accident, regardless of fault.
Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage covers most damage outside of an accident, including hail, vandalism, flood, fire, and theft.
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Approximately 1 in 7 drivers in Texas do not carry car insurance. A collision with an uninsured motorist can ruin your life. AgWorkers sells uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage for added protection and peace of mind.
Medical Payments and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Although not required in Texas or most other states, medical payments and personal injury protection (PIP) cover medical bills and similar expenses after an accident.
Rental Reimbursement Coverage: Rental reimbursement coverage covers the cost of renting a car if your ordinary car is not available. If you damaged your car in an accident, for example, and need to rent a replacement, then AgWorkers will compensate you for the cost of the replacement vehicle.
What Makes AgWorkers Unique?
Texans have plenty of options for car insurance. What makes AgWorkers unique? Why should you pick AgWorkers over competing providers? Here are some of the advantages offered by the company:
Texas Born and Raised: AgWorkers was founded in Texas in 1948 and continues to be headquartered in Texas to this day. If you like the idea of working with a local Texas company instead of a faceless nationwide firm, then AgWorkers may be the right choice.
Available in Three States: AgWorkers is exclusively available in three states, including Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. Most of the company’s business comes from Texas.
Mutual Insurance Company: AgWorkers is a mutual insurance company, which means the company is owned by policyholders instead of shareholders. Like other mutual insurance companies, AgWorkers puts the needs of policyholders first – instead of the needs of shareholders.
6-Month and 12-Month Policies: AgWorkers is one of the few insurance companies offering both a 6-month and 12-month policy. 12-month policies are not available to all members, but they provide additional perks (like 17% cheaper premiums per year). All members qualify for 6-month policies.
Available for Agricultural Workers and Their Families: You must be an agricultural worker to buy insurance through AgWorkers. The company claims you qualify for membership “if you work with or manufacture anything to eat, drink or wear.” Generally, any agricultural workers or businesses in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas qualify for AgWorkers membership.
Support for Agricultural Communities: AgWorkers supports 4-H and FFA, among other agricultural community initiatives.
Exclusively for Car Insurance: AgWorkers does not sell home insurance, business insurance, ranch insurance, or farm insurance. The company only sells car insurance. You can buy commercial auto insurance for your farm or ranch through AgWorkers, and you can buy personal auto insurance for yourself and your family through AgWorkers, although you cannot buy other types of insurance through the company.
AgWorkers Auto Insurance Discounts
AgWorkers does not publish its list of discounts or perks upfront, making it difficult to compare AgWorkers’ policies to the policies offered by other companies.
However, here are some of the auto insurance discounts AgWorkers appears to offer:
Safe Driving Discounts: Drivers with a proven track record of safe driving will save money on their AgWorkers auto insurance policy. If you have gone 3 to 7 years with zero accidents, claims, or speeding tickets, then you should qualify for a safe driving discount.
Paid in Full Discount: Drivers who pay their policies in full upfront can save money. If you pay car insurance in 6-month or 12-month installments instead of monthly, then you can save money instead of going month-to-month.
12-Month Policy Discount: Not all AgWorkers members qualify for 12-month policies. Those that do qualify, however, can save 17% per year on car insurance. AgWorkers pays dividends to policyholders who buy 12-month policies.
Loyalty Discounts: AgWorkers is grounded in principles of loyalty, family, and service. When you pass AgWorkers policies from generation to generation, you may qualify for additional loyalty discounts.
How to Get a Quote from AgWorkers
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to get an auto insurance quote from AgWorkers:
- Go to the AgWorkers Insurance website: https://agworkers.com/
- Click on the “Get a Quote” button located in the top right-hand corner of the website.
- Select the type of insurance you need, in this case, “Auto Insurance.”
- Enter your zip code to determine the availability of coverage in your area, then click “Next.”
- Enter your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address, then click “Next.”
- Enter information about the vehicle you want to insure, including the make and model, year, and vehicle identification number (VIN).
- Select the coverage limits and deductibles you desire, and choose any additional coverage options you need.
- Review your quote, and make any necessary adjustments to your coverage or deductibles.
- Submit your quote request, and wait for a representative from AgWorkers Insurance to contact you with your quote information.
Note: The specific steps may vary slightly depending on the user’s location, the type of coverage, and other factors.
AgWorkers Reviews & Ratings: What Do Customers Have to Say?
AgWorkers has decent to strong ratings online, according to current policyholders. Generally, the company is popular with farmers, ranchers, and agricultural workers. Policyholders are happy to buy good car insurance at a reasonable price through AgWorkers.
AgWorkers has an A (Exceptional) rating from Demotech, which assesses the financial stability of insurers.
The company also has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, although the company’s BBB page has few reviews or ratings from policyholders.
Motor1 reviewed AgWorkers and concluded they were a strong choice for auto insurance with a personal, local touch. However, Motor1 disliked the limited online information about AgWorkers and the lack of clarity on how their insurance policies worked.
In 2018, AgWorkers received three ValChoice awards for the third consecutive year. ValChoice chose AgWorkers as the Best Overall Value car insurance company in Arkansas and Texas, along with the Best Claims Handling and Best Service for 2018.
Final Word on AgWorkers
AgWorkers is a mutual insurance company serving agricultural workers and their families across Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.
Founded in 1948, the company has decades of experience selling car insurance to farmers and supporting agricultural communities.
To learn more about AgWorkers’ 6 and 12-month policies or to see if you qualify, contact the company today and request a free quote.