Is Access Auto Insurance Good for Car Insurance?
Last Updated on April 20, 2023
Access Auto Insurance is a top-rated insurance company with over 40 years of experience in car insurance. Access Auto Insurance only operates in Indiana and Arizona, and they specialize in serving the Latino community through personal service in convenient neighborhood locations, including Indianapolis and Phoenix. Access Auto Insurance offers many options in auto insurance, including full coverage, liability, high risk, and SR-22s.
Access Auto Insurance is an excellent insurance option for high-risk drivers and those seeking budget-friendly insurance options. Access Auto Insurance specializes in helping drivers get their driver’s licenses reinstated by providing SR-22s to the state, which officially certifies to the state that you have insurance.
- Access Auto Insurance provides car insurance to high-risk drivers and those seeking budget-friendly options.
- The company operates only in Indiana and Arizona and has over 40 years of experience in car insurance, specifically catering to the Latino community.
- Access Auto Insurance offers standard coverage types, including liability, uninsured/underinsured motorist, collision, and comprehensive insurance. It also provides SR-22 policies and non-owner SR-22 policies.
- Additional coverage options offered by Access Auto Insurance include roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and pet insurance.
- Access Auto Insurance has a good reputation, with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and a 4.6-star review average out of 5 on TrustPilot.
What Type of Auto Insurance Does Access Offer?
Access Auto Insurance offers all of the basic car insurance options that most companies do. However, they specialize in offering coverage and SR-22s to people who may not have a good driving record but still need insurance. One unique feature of Access Auto Insurance is that it charges a $35 fee on every insurance policy, which is relatively unique among car insurance companies.
Access Auto Insurance Offers the Following Types of Coverage Options:
- Liability Insurance. Liability insurance protects you in case of an accident where you cause physical or bodily damages. Access Auto Insurance tailors its liability rates towards drivers who only want the state minimum liability limits in Indiana and Arizona.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage. This coverage pays for damage if another driver without insurance causes physical damage to your vehicle or bodily harm to you.
- Collision Insurance. This insurance will pay for repairs to your automobile in case you are in an accident with another vehicle.
- Comprehensive Insurance. This coverage will protect you if your vehicle is damaged through natural disasters, vandalism, theft, or collision with an animal.
- SR-22. This form is for when you need to reinstate your license and own your own vehicle. It’s proof to the state that you carry insurance and is often required if your license has been suspended or you’ve had a DUI.
- Non-Owner SR-22. This type of insurance is for when you need to reinstate your license but do not own a vehicle.
Access Auto Insurance’s SR-22 Policies
Access Auto Insurance mainly specializes in offering insurance to drivers who need the state minimum liability limits and who may need an SR-22. An SR-22 is a form the insurance company sends to the state’s department of motor vehicles, verifying that you’ve obtained auto insurance.
SR-22s are often needed if you’ve lost your license and need to get it reinstated. If you’ve had a DUI or DWI, were caught driving without insurance, or had a reckless driving violation or multiple speeding violations, chances are that the state will require you to obtain an SR-22.
Not every insurance company offers SR-22s. The actual form itself may not cost much money, but needing an SR-22 means that insurance companies classify you as a high-risk driver, which can make your rates much higher. High-risk drivers often may pay much more for car insurance than everybody else, even if they only carry the state minimum liability limits.
A non-owner SR-22 is a similar form but is for those who do not own their own vehicle. Even if you don’t own your own vehicle, if you need to get your license reinstated, you will need the non-owner SR-22 in case you are in an accident.
SR-22s are added to your insurance when you buy a policy. You’ll have to indicate that you need an SR-22, but you probably won’t be required to do anything else after that. You’ll have your regular insurance policy and ID cards, and Access Auto Insurance will send the SR-22 to the state on your behalf.
Additional Coverage Options Offered by Access Auto Insurance
In addition to the standard car insurance coverages, such as liability, comprehensive, and collision coverage, Access Auto Insurance also offers the following add-on coverages:
- Roadside Assistance Coverage. Access Auto Insurance’s roadside assistance coverage will reimburse you for up to $100 per event for things such as towing to a repair shop, delivering gas to you, or jumpstarting your battery. There’s a limit of using two events per each policy period.
- Rental Car Reimbursement Coverage. This coverage option will give you a daily allowance to rent another vehicle if yours is undrivable due to a covered loss, such as getting into an accident. Access Auto Insurance’s rental car coverage pays up to $25 per day for a maximum of 30 days.
- Pet Insurance. Access Auto Insurance lets you buy pet insurance through its partner, Prudent Pet.
Since it caters to high-risk drivers and people who want minimum liability coverage, Access Auto Insurance doesn’t offer many of the other insurance perks that other companies do, such as accident forgiveness or telematics programs. They also don’t offer many of the common discounts other auto insurance companies have, such as the good student discount or safe driver discount.
Access Auto Insurance Reviews and Complaints
Access Auto Insurance is accredited by the Better Business Bureau, which gives it an A+ rating. On the BBB’s website, there are currently only seven reviews for Access Auto Insurance, though all of them rate the car insurer with 5 out of 5 stars.
There are significantly more reviews on TrustPilot’s website, with a total number of 425 reviews. On that website, Access Auto Insurance has a 4.6-star review average out of 5, with 82% of all reviews rating it as Excellent. Most positive reviews highlight the good customer service customers received, along with their competitive rates.
Access Auto Insurance does not have ratings from the major financial ratings agencies. Its parent company, American Access Casualty Company, however, does. In 2021 it received an A (excellent) rating from A.M. Best.
Final Word on Access Auto Insurance
Access Auto Insurance may be worth checking out if you’re considered a high-risk driver, or if you need an SR-22. It only operates in two states, though, which severely limits its availability. But if you live in Indiana or Arizona, it’s a good option for high-risk drivers and for people who only want to carry the state minimum liability limits on their car insurance.
But for regular drivers who may want more competitive rates on higher liability limits or who desire more discounts on their auto insurance, you may want to look at more traditional auto insurance companies like GEICO or Progressive.
|Access Auto Insurance Company Information|
|Address||2211 W Butterfield Rd, Ste 150
Downers Grove, IL 60515