How Do You Contact State Farm Customer Service?
Last Updated on June 9, 2023
State Farm is one of the largest car insurance companies in the United States. At any moment, State Farm has thousands of customer service representatives standing by to handle claims, answer questions, and address your concerns.
You can contact State Farm via the following:
Online Form & Live Chat: http://www.statefarm.com
Mobile App: State Farm Mobile App for iOS or Android
24/7 Roadside Assistance: 877-627-5757
24/7 Claims Hotline: 800-732-5246
Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about State Farm’s customer service info, including whether or not State Farm is available 24/7, how to contact State Farm for various situations, and how to request a quote from State Farm.
Does State Farm Have 24/7 Customer Service?
Yes, State Farm has 24/7 customer service. You contact State Farm any time of day or night, any day of the year.
What Are State Farm’s Customer Service Hours?
State Farm is available 24/7/365. You can contact State Farm 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for questions, concerns, claims, and more.
How Do You Contact State Farm?
You can contact State Farm in multiple ways, including:
- By phone at 1-800-782-8332 (1-800-STATE-FARM)
- Via your State Farm online account
- Via the State Farm mobile app
- Using the 24/7 roadside assistance hotline at 877-627-5757
- For all types of auto, home, and property insurance claims at 800-732-5246 (800-SF-CLAIM)
- By online chat at StateFarm.com
Does State Farm’s Customer Service Have Good Reviews?
Like most other large insurance companies in the United States, State Farm has average customer service reviews.
Most customers can easily contact State Farm with questions, concerns, complaints, and claims, then get a response rapidly.
However, some customers leave negative reviews for State Farm’s customer service after being disappointed with how the company managed their claims.
According to J.D. Power’s 2022 auto insurance rankings, State Farm scored slightly below average in some subregions and slightly above average in others. State Farm scored fourth in the Central region, trailing only GEICO, American Family, and Shelter. But in the California subregion, State Farm scored below average, ahead of only five companies out of 14 large insurers ranked.
Auto insurance review aggregator website WalletHub, meanwhile, has an average rating of 3.4 stars out of 5 for State Farm based on 3,500+ customer reviews. Generally, customers are happy with the price of their State Farm policy. They also like the amenities of a large insurance corporation – including how easy it is to contact customer service. However, like other review websites, WalletHub has mixed reviews from customers who have recently completed a claim.
State Farm has an A rating from the Better Business Bureau and an average rating of 1.16 stars out of 5 on the BBB website, including 2,600+ complaints closed in the last three years. Although this may seem like a dismal customer service score, it’s similar to the scores of other large insurers: customers generally don’t leave reviews for their auto insurance company until they have a negative experience with a claim, which tends to lower customer scores overall.
Overall, State Farm generally scores well for customer service. However, like many large insurers, State Farm has mixed reviews because of many customers leaving complaints about the handling of their claims.
How Do You File a Claim?
You can file a claim with State Farm by phone or by online form.
To start a claim, visit https://www.statefarm.com/claims
You can file a claim through that form, track a claim in progress, or chat with a company representative for help with your claim.
How Do You Get Roadside Assistance?
State Farm offers 24-hour roadside assistance. If you have experienced a roadside emergency, you can request a service call through State Farm – even if you’re not a subscriber. The service call is free if you subscribe to State Farm’s roadside assistance. If you don’t subscribe, then you may pay a fixed rate.
You can request roadside assistance for State Farm online or by phone:
- Request roadside assistance 24/7 online at https://roadsideassistance.claims.statefarm.com/landing
- Request roadside assistance 24/7 by phone at 877-627-5757
- If you have been in an accident and need roadside assistance, then contact 855-259-8568
How Do You Get a Quote?
You can get a quote from State Farm by visiting StateFarm.com, contacting State Farm by phone, or visiting an independent agent or State Farm agent in your area.
Options for getting a quote from State Farm include:
- Visit StateFarm.com, choose your desired insurance product (auto, renters, home insurance, etc., then enter your ZIP code.
- Call State Farm at 800-782-8332 (800-STATEFARM) to speak with a customer service representative and receive a free quote over the phone.
- Contact an independent insurance agent in your area to receive a quote with State Farm. Independent insurance agents work on behalf of multiple insurance companies, and they can provide quotes from State Farm or other insurers.
- Contact a State Farm insurance agent in your area. State Farm has thousands of agents across the United States. These agents can provide you with a personalized quote based on your insurance needs.
Use the State Farm contact information above to request a quote, make a claim, cancel your policy, file a roadside assistance request, or contact State Farm for any other reason.