If you plan on driving in the good state of Idaho, there are some things that you need to consider in regards to auto insurance. Idaho is a big state, and like every other state in the country, auto insurance is required.
Idaho Auto Insurance Requirements
Idaho is considered to be a “Tort” state. This means that if you live in and operate a motor vehicle in the state, you are responsible financially for any bodily injuries and/or property damage that are a result of an accident you caused.
Therefore, Idaho has made it law that you carry an automobile liability insurance policy minimum level of 25/50/15 (see the chart below).
Please note that these levels are low, and an increased level of coverage is recommended.
Idaho residents may also increase their protection by purchasing add-ons like collision, comprehensive, uninsured and under-insured motorist bodily injury coverage.
|Coverage Type||Required?||Minimum Coverage Amount Required|
|Bodily Injury Liability||Yes||$25,000 per person$50,000 per accident|
|Property Damage Liability||Yes||$15,000|
|Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury||No||$25,000 per person$50,000 per accident|
|Personal Injury Liability||No|
Auto Insurance for Leased Vehicles in Idaho (ID)
Most leasing companies in Idaho typically require drivers to maintain insurance coverage which exceeds the minimums set by Idaho state law. This is to protect you financially, as well as your leasing company, should they be held partly responsible. Most leasing companies will recommend the following amounts of insurance coverage:
- Bodily injury liability coverage: $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident
- Property damage liability coverage: $50,000
- Comprehensive and collision coverage: $500 maximum deductible
Auto Insurance Agents By City/Town In Idaho
- Boise, ID – Cheap Car Insurance
- Caldwell, ID – Cheap Car Insurance
- Coeur d Alene, ID – Cheap Car Insurance
- Idaho Falls, ID – Cheap Car Insurance
- Meridian, ID – Cheap Car Insurance
- Nampa, ID – Cheap Car Insurance
- Pocatello, ID – Cheap Car Insurance
- Twin Falls, ID – Cheap Car Insurance
Contacts for Auto Insurance Information In Idaho
|Idaho Transportation Department: Division of Motor Vehicles
3311 W. State Street
PO Box 7219
Boise, ID 83707-1129
|Idaho Department of Insurance
700 West State Street
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0043